« Bait and SwitchA network behind »
This is a sub-selection from LTE

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to silbaco

Re: LTE

said by silbaco:

We have no idea what their LTE service for replacing DSL or those without even DSL will be priced at. No one knows that it will be $15 per GB, that's purely speculation.

We have to keep in mind much of the 25% of At&t's footprint that isn't getting upgrades probably doesn't have DSL at all.

Well Verizon has their LTE broadband called HomeFusion ( 12 Mbps download/5 Mbps upload) I assume at&t would price their product about the same.

HomeFusion pricing

10 GB $60
20 GB $90
30 GB $120

$10 per GB overage

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

It could be similar, but I would bet it is better than that. HomeFusion does not appear to be getting very many if any former DSL subscribers to switch over. They will have to be forced, which can be done but probably not without significant backlash at the current caps. I would look for caps to double, which would still be crap but not quite as bad.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by silbaco:

It could be similar, but I would bet it is better than that. HomeFusion does not appear to be getting very many if any former DSL subscribers to switch over. They will have to be forced, which can be done but probably not without significant backlash at the current caps. I would look for caps to double, which would still be crap but not quite as bad.

HomeFusion is more for people where satellite is the only other option.