wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac to Hank

MVM

to Hank

Re: Package from Frontier.

If you are going to return the 7550 modem kit, be sure and record the return information.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

Oh, absolutely. How does that old saying go "Once burned twice something something??"
Hank

Hank

Premium Member

Package was picked up by UPS this afternoon. UPS would not issue a new label. They said because it is a return to sender that they use the same label and tracking number that it arrived under.
Dampier
Phillip M Dampier
join:2003-03-23
Rochester, NY

Dampier

Frontier is doing away with modem rental fees... if you sign up for one of their simplified pricing plans (and the usual 2-yr contract).

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

said by Dampier:

Frontier is doing away with modem rental fees... if you sign up for one of their simplified pricing plans (and the usual 2-yr contract).

About time! Is that fee actually completely gone or is it bundled into the price of the service?

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank to Dampier

Premium Member

to Dampier
Thanks for the information. I guess they had the opportunity to state that in the letter and when I called the CSR. But, they didn't and the CSR gave the impression that modem rental fees still applied and advised me to return it. So I guess if that is the case the "communications" company should do a better job at communicating with its customers.
lunanox315
join:2012-09-27
Martinsburg, WV

lunanox315

said by Hank:

Thanks for the information. I guess they had the opportunity to state that in the letter and when I called the CSR. But, they didn't and the CSR gave the impression that modem rental fees still applied and advised me to return it. So I guess if that is the case the "communications" company should do a better job at communicating with its customers.

Yeah, when it takes a BBB complaint before you can get a modem rental fee off of your bill (after you told them from the beginning you were purchasing your own and then was told it was more of a tech service fee)then there's a communication problem.

There needs to be a TV show where a customer can sit down face to face with the VP/CEO of some of these corporations and explain to them in a logical calm manner how absurd some of their company's practices are.

*Rant off* :P
Dampier
Phillip M Dampier
join:2003-03-23
Rochester, NY

1 recommendation

Dampier to Smith6612

to Smith6612
said by Smith6612:

said by Dampier:

About time! Is that fee actually completely gone or is it bundled into the price of the service?

It seems to be a mix of both. Frontier, which has been padding junk fees on bills for years suddenly did a 180 after watching cable companies start charging modem rental fees. So now they don't for their new packages and sanctimoniously say so.

The hypocrisy and denial that comes when you challenge them on their 180 is less relevant than the fact customers will be able to pay less for service (but get stuck with a new 24 month contract.)

Just remember -- the $9.99 disconnect processing fee will also apply if you cancel service.
Dampier

2 recommendations

Dampier to lunanox315

to lunanox315
said by lunanox315:

There needs to be a TV show where a customer can sit down face to face with the VP/CEO of some of these corporations and explain to them in a logical calm manner how absurd some of their company's practices are.

*Rant off* :P

We've done that for several years on Stop the Cap! Ms. Wilderotter and staff even send out employee memos responding to some of our reporting (which our sources inside Frontier promptly share with us). We've told them for years they needed to focus on better speeds and fewer junk fees and they really need an IPTV or fiber to the neighborhood solution to stay relevant in urban markets because 1-3Mbps DSL is dead.

Just a week ago, Wilderotter was sniffing at the notion DSL is dead saying they are approaching 100Mbps in their labs.

Of course, as any Frontier customer knows, what happens in the lab usually stays in the lab. You buy 10Mbps service and get 1.2Mbps service because you live in West Virginia 11,000 feet from the Mt. Dew switch and Mr. Squirrel uses the copper wiring Verizon installed right after LBJ decided not to run for a second term as dental floss. But then one day, the squirrel is perturbed to discover the copper is gone because some drug addict stole it for scrap.

You call and complain and they schedule a service call (which they miss) and then some pinhead in the Beckley office does a line test and further reduces your speed by locking down the modem to 1Mbps because "the line won't support anything better."

You then regret ever calling them about it. Then the bill comes and they charge you for a service call.

God bless 'em.

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank

Premium Member

Good response Phillip. I have been stating those points since becoming at Frontier customer almost 8 years ago now. Your statement about the speed being cut back because the infrastructure will now support it is exactly what happened to my neighborhood. Yes we are in the sticks and I laugh when Frontier says they have made improvements that benefits our area. They can tell the PUC and the FCC that they are working to improve things but when you are the one that experiences the service they provide you know the truth.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612 to Dampier

MVM

to Dampier
Couldn't have stated it any better myself Phil.