uniqs

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO

ILpt4U

Premium Member

White Sox Park

So if Sprint is buying the Chicago market, does that mean the Sox play at Sprint Field now?

jay608
Going Nucking Futs
join:2007-01-22
Homewood, IL

jay608

Doubt it.

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

JimThePCGuy to ILpt4U

MVM

to ILpt4U
said by ILpt4U:

So if Sprint is buying the Chicago market, does that mean the Sox play at Sprint Field now?

No the US Cellular FAQ specifically says Cellular Field stays as is.
From here: »www.uscellularinfo.com/U ··· FAQs.pdf
"What are you selling? What are you not selling?
U.S. Cellular is selling its Chicago, St. Louis, central Illinois and three other Midwest markets to Sprint Nextel Corp. The sale includes PCS spectrum and 585,000 customers. We are not selling other spectrum we own in these markets (700 MHz licenses), corporate or field buildings located in these areas, or the naming rights to U.S. Cellular Field."

JackKane
@covad.net

JackKane to ILpt4U

Anon

to ILpt4U
The baseball field, that's a 20 year deal.

Way to give up on the entire Chicago and St. Louis market. If Sprint doesn't take over the towers and customers simply get shuffled off to regular Sprint service, that's the worst news in this regard. USCC has consistently had the highest rated service in the area (with only VZW coming in close), and this is a major blow to wireless reliability in Chicago. Feels like we're back in the 90s with this, where we get to choose between average, meh, and expensive.

buddahbless
join:2005-03-21
Premium

buddahbless to JimThePCGuy

to JimThePCGuy
said by JimThePCGuy:

We are not selling other spectrum we own in these markets (700 MHz licenses), corporate or field buildings located in these areas, or the naming rights to U.S. Cellular Field."

I still dont care what they want to call it now as a native Chicagoan I still call it Comiskey Park, period !!!

while im on the subject screw big willie as well, Sears tower its what it is!
melvin marti
join:2012-12-18
Chicago, IL

melvin marti to JackKane

to JackKane
Lol bro are u kidding me. I'm in Chicago. Westside to be exact Austin area and sprint has unlimited lte in almost the whole city. U uscc guys should be thrilled u are finally gonna c some 4g with us because u would've never did with us cellular. I get 27mb DL speeds on my sprint Gnex another thing USC doesn't have might I add