join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to stonhinge

Re: [Classes] Warlock 5.0.1

said by stonhinge:

And yeah, I avoided Affliction because of the watching DoTs/timers/cooldowns bit.

Might this pain be mitigated a bit with some modification of the UI? Perhaps FortXorcist, Gnosis, or even RoguePowerBars (because they track debuffs, bleeds, combo points and dots). Or is afflic still twisty even with a good UI?

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

2 edits

Affliction is a Cata Shadow Priest.

Keep up 3 dots
Spam a channel
Use a cast-time spell to keep up a buff on roughly a 6 second CD.

EDIT: its by far the most tricky to micromanage of the 3 specs, in terms of rote rotation (and destro is by far the easiest).

It feels like a flip from Cata where Destro was playing Eine Kleine Nachtmusik and Afflic was Moonlight Sonata.

Or Yngwie Malmsteen vs Billie Joe Armstrong

Or Busta Rhymes vs Linkin Park

I mean, pick your favorite analogy here.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to Immer

If I need an addon specifically for one spec of one class, I pass on that spec. I try and keep my UI ... well, not quite minimalistic, but sparse compared to some.

Now if my main was and had been a warlock, I might consider it. I've been content tanking Cataclysm and MoP so far. Besides, i tend to be the most "active" player outside of raids in my raid, so having a tank with slightly better gear than the rest of the raid is probably a bit better than waiting on a tank to gear up.

I've gone from Rogue > Warrior in vanilla (switched to prot warrior because one of our tanks in MC was flaking out on us. Leveled prot out of apparent sado-masochism.), enh shaman in BC, elemental shaman in Wrath, then prot warrior and prot paladin in 2 Cataclysm raids. I'll probably keep on tanking as things go forward on my monk, but we do have a DK in my current raid who would like to tank, although letting him and out warrior trade off might work out better.

I do understand that some people like classes with the micromanagement, but I'm a person who would prefer either difficult encounters or a difficult (to master) class - not both at once.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

totally understand. Just thought I'd might toss out and idea.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

True, other people might find it useful.

Lately I've just been using WeakAuras for a few things like shuffle/stagger, and Inquisition/holy power on my paladin. Makes it easier to put the info I feel I need right where I want it. Any time I need to track more than 2 things for myself to be optimum, I start feeling a bit overwhelmed when combined with the chaos that can be a raid boss.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.