All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

VexorgTR
join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH

VexorgTR

Need a Good VoIP that can port from This region.

The answer to this question has been CallCentric for quite some time. However, things at CC havn't been pretty lately.

The number in question is from.....

440-288-XXXX

Currently held by CenturyLink.

providers I already checked....

VoipMS-no
F9--No
Vitelity--no

CallCentric certainly can, but I want the crackles to stop before I settle back down.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

Possibly Inphonex.
nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

nitzan to VexorgTR

Premium Member

to VexorgTR
said by VexorgTR:

F9--No

Actually Future Nine can port this number.

VexorgTR
Sheffield Lake, OH

VexorgTR

said by nitzan:

said by VexorgTR:

F9--No

Actually Future Nine can port this number.

The onboard utility said no. Personal message me if you want to discuss further.
nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

nitzan

Premium Member

said by VexorgTR:

The onboard utility said no. Personal message me if you want to discuss further.

It says "maybe".

And maybe it's time for us to update it- hasn't been updated in a while.

josephf
join:2009-04-26

josephf

As evidenced by this thread, a non-positive web response where it is in fact possible to port will result in a loss of business.

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952 to VexorgTR

Premium Member

to VexorgTR
You may want to try Anveo:
Can I port an existing phone number to Anveo?

We can port an existing phone number to Anveo in 30 countries.
You will be able to port in phone numbers from the above countries as long as the area code is covered by Anveo Phone Numbers coverage. A check will be made by our LNP department following the submission of the number you wish to port. Porting in Sweden is only available to users holding a valid Swedish organization number or a Swedish social security number.
It looks like they offer phone numbers with a 440 area code, so according to their FAQ, they should be able to port it.

Unfortunately, they don't have an online tool to check this in real time, so you may want to contact them to verify before trying.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin to VexorgTR

MVM

to VexorgTR
I ported two numbers from CenturyLink to Anveo. There was no problem with the actual porting, but CenturyLink delayed the process as long as they could. The first number took about three weeks, the second one took more than six weeks to complete.

Anveo does not have a web tool to check, but you can contact them directly.
lnp@anveo.com
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by billaustin:

There was no problem with the actual porting, but CenturyLink delayed the process as long as they could. The first number took about three weeks, the second one took more than six weeks to complete.

Makes sense.

Verizon and AT&T don't really mind losing POTS landlines, they would like to shut down POTS totally if they could because both companies make so much money from their wireless subsidiaries.

By contrast CenturyLink/Embarq does not own their own wireless service. So they (poor fellows) are desperate to hang on to POTS.

VexorgTR
Sheffield Lake, OH

VexorgTR

Anveo said NO... to this region's numbers....

It's quite amusing. There's not too many who will port these numbers.

Porting Lorain County Centurylink numbers is on of the things that got me jazzed about CallCentric in the first place.

Turns out they were a great option for a long run... then we had our "Issues"... I won't abandon them, but I want to give clients maximum options. And there are many LESS options in this territory to keep numbers.

I have a set of ATA's (same ones) all set up with test accounts that we hook into the new client's internet. Each is with a different provider. I let them sample the audio from each on a few test calls and decide. It's fun to see the results.

Trimline
Premium Member
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL

1 recommendation

Trimline

Premium Member

Call Vitelity. They will tell you if it available for porting. »www.vitelity.com/getting ··· started/

j1349705
Premium Member
join:2006-04-15
Holly Springs, NC

j1349705 to VexorgTR

Premium Member

to VexorgTR
Here are the carriers listed for the ASHTABULA, OH rate center

Windstream (ILEC)
Level 3
Peerless Network of Ohio, LLC
Sprint Spectrum & Nextel
Verizon Wireless
T-Mobile
Allied Wireless Communications (Alltel)
AT&T Wireless

This is why you have such limited options. Some VoIP providers use Level 3 but not necessarily in all areas. The issue is simply that there is one ILEC carrier and only two CLECs... the rest are wireless. There's no XO Communications, Bandwidth.com, etc.

PAETEC operates a service called MegaPOP VoIP that a lot of VoIP providers partner with to offer DIDs. PAETEC has been acquired by Windstream. Maybe they will offer this in this area, but it is hard to say because they would essentially be competing with themselves. In areas where they operate as a CLEC, this is OK - but it is much more of a threat to their business where they operate as an ILEC.

josephf
join:2009-04-26

josephf

There is only one ILEC in any area, by definition.

j1349705
Premium Member
join:2006-04-15
Holly Springs, NC

j1349705

Premium Member

said by josephf:

There is only one ILEC in any area, by definition.

I'm well aware of that.

VexorgTR
Sheffield Lake, OH

VexorgTR

CenturyLink around here is a Level 2 or Tier 2... can't remember which word it is... If it was a 3, we'd have more porting options.