nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

1 recommendation

nitzan to Iscream

Premium Member

to Iscream

Re: CAllcentric charges extra minutes on every call made

Have you guys considered lowering the RTP timeout from 5 minutes to 1-2 minutes? if there's no RTP for that long there's no way the call is still going on, so no reason to wait 5 minutes.
OmagicQ
Posting in a thread near you
join:2003-10-23
Bakersfield, CA

2 recommendations

OmagicQ

said by nitzan:

Have you guys considered lowering the RTP timeout from 5 minutes to 1-2 minutes? if there's no RTP for that long there's no way the call is still going on, so no reason to wait 5 minutes.

That would be a good idea. However I have noticed that when a call is on hold, the audio stops so maybe the 5 minute timer is to prevent accidental disconnects of calls on hold.
DBOD
join:2012-10-17

DBOD to nitzan

to nitzan
Could silence suppression in the audio trigger a no RTP timeout?? If someone just puts the receiver on the desk and walks away to do a task in a quiet office? Or is there some minimum RTP packets that will be generated anyway??
nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

nitzan to OmagicQ

Premium Member

to OmagicQ
said by OmagicQ:

That would be a good idea. However I have noticed that when a call is on hold, the audio stops so maybe the 5 minute timer is to prevent accidental disconnects of calls on hold.

I don't know about CC's software, but at least on our setup the timeout for "regular" no-RTP and on-hold no RTP are different values. I would assume it's the same on CC but up to them to confirm.