uniqs
share rss forum feed

ohh

join:2011-07-16
San Jose, CA
reply to I_H8_Spam

Re: MSI RMAs

said by I_H8_Spam:

You'll have a serial number sticker on the backside of the card. As far as a recommendation I just rebuilt with a 7850 2gb from MSI $219.00 + $20 MIR

Oh, cool thank you for that info! I'm a bit wary of MSI now.. it has been less than a year and a fan acts up X_X I'll keep that card in mind though.

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

Naw, gpu fan's break from all manufactures. Usually it's environmental cause (dust, smoke, hair, ect) Have you given it a really good cleaning, maybe you have build up on the heatsink?
--
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius

ohh

San Jose, CA

said by I_H8_Spam:

Naw, gpu fan's break from all manufactures. Usually it's environmental cause (dust, smoke, hair, ect) Have you given it a really good cleaning, maybe you have build up on the heatsink?

What is a really good cleaning? Like using a duster on it? If so yes I do that probably not enough though. I'll have to take it out and see my case is a pretty tight fit. @_@

Krisnatharok that sounds like a bad time. Thank you.

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

If it's a tight fit, airflow may be a problem. Even a little bit of grime on the fins/fan may reduce airflow.

N2 duster should be enough for a quick cleaning.
--
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius

ohh

San Jose, CA

said by I_H8_Spam:

If it's a tight fit, airflow may be a problem. Even a little bit of grime on the fins/fan may reduce airflow.

N2 duster should be enough for a quick cleaning.

Yeah, I think I will clean more after I get it back.

So, after taking the card out.. I'm pretty sure it is the bearing or bearings. The front fan spins like the day I bought the card and the back one is terrible. There was no visible grim or dust under the fan near the middle. Some minor stuff came off after dusting, but not enough to justify the lack of spin.

Thanks everyone.. I thought MSI warranty was one year, but I guess it is three that's why I was like @_@!