spc
uniqs

I_H8_Spam
join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam to ohh

to ohh

Re: MSI RMAs

Naw, gpu fan's break from all manufactures. Usually it's environmental cause (dust, smoke, hair, ect) Have you given it a really good cleaning, maybe you have build up on the heatsink?
ohh
join:2011-07-16
San Jose, CA

ohh

said by I_H8_Spam:

Naw, gpu fan's break from all manufactures. Usually it's environmental cause (dust, smoke, hair, ect) Have you given it a really good cleaning, maybe you have build up on the heatsink?

What is a really good cleaning? Like using a duster on it? If so yes I do that probably not enough though. I'll have to take it out and see my case is a pretty tight fit. @_@

Krisnatharok that sounds like a bad time. Thank you.

I_H8_Spam
join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam

If it's a tight fit, airflow may be a problem. Even a little bit of grime on the fins/fan may reduce airflow.

N2 duster should be enough for a quick cleaning.
ohh
join:2011-07-16
San Jose, CA

ohh

said by I_H8_Spam:

If it's a tight fit, airflow may be a problem. Even a little bit of grime on the fins/fan may reduce airflow.

N2 duster should be enough for a quick cleaning.

Yeah, I think I will clean more after I get it back.

So, after taking the card out.. I'm pretty sure it is the bearing or bearings. The front fan spins like the day I bought the card and the back one is terrible. There was no visible grim or dust under the fan near the middle. Some minor stuff came off after dusting, but not enough to justify the lack of spin.

Thanks everyone.. I thought MSI warranty was one year, but I guess it is three that's why I was like @_@!