share rss forum feed

Serop

join:2003-06-20
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·voip.ms

2 edits

[resolved]Mediatrix 2102 from Iristel - config user/password

I've moved from Iristel to voip.ms and trying to reconfigure the Mediatrix 2102 adapter (was preconfigured by Iristel) to use with the new voip provider and cannot figure out what user/password they use. It's definitely not the default one which is admin/1234, neither root/5678.

Any ideas? Should I try call their tech.support? Why I doubt they'll tell me it.

Thanks!

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:6

Re: Mediatrix 2102 from Iristel - config user/password

Try this: »[Unlock] Unlock Lingo Mediatrix 2102! Finally!
I was able to unlock Mediatrix 2102 adapters from Lingo, Broadvox and Yak WorldCity using this method.

Serop

thanks toro!
Looks like a serious hack! Will give it a try.

I did not think about factory reset indeed...

Serop

reply to Serop

nope
cannot do factory reset - in spite of all LED sequence blinking, it comes back to normal operation and connects to the old provider

Serop

Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·voip.ms

1 edit
reply to toro

ok, I've re-read the instructions 25 times as well as user's manual on automatic provisioning of configuration and firmware..

I was able to connect to the unit via PC slot using default password admin/1234. But when uploading the xml file I have an error like 'Error while uploading configuration file'.
I never saw a single hit on the webserver for files requesting, so I guess it does not even get to that step.

My guess is, the unit is blocked from configuration change (as user's manual explains)...

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico

What is the current firmware version ? Does it have the colorful web interface (5.x) or it's the grey one (4.x) ?
Just in case, have you tried to login to the ATA as root/5678 ? (please keep in mind that doesn't work from the LAN side, you must do it from the WAN side of the device)
--
Providers: voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro through asterisk. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net

Serop

Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·voip.ms

It's ~5.0.29 version;

I connected as admin/1234 from the LAN (PC) side, uploaded the config file targeting IP of webserver connected at WAN (Network) side.
I tried logging in as root/5678 from LAN side but only admin/1234 worked.
Neither of two logins work from WAN side.

Serop

Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·voip.ms

1 edit
reply to Serop

UPDATE: (LOL!)

Just received a reply for my support ticket from Iristel - they gave me the password to the unit and it worked from WAN side All SIP configuration is accessible now.

Unexpected issue resolution. Lost 4 hrs yesterday "hacking"...

Reconfigured and it works fine.

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
reply to Serop

Re: [resolved]Mediatrix 2102 from Iristel - config user/password

Whish I had seen this earlier. I think I still have somewhere the complete provisioning package to remotely provision the 2102.

If you would still want that package I will try and dig it up and get it to you.

Serop

Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·voip.ms

thanks, ropeguru, I am fine now
(I still suspect the unit was locked from picking up new config files uploaded via user web panel)

if a hack takes more than two hours of pain, it's not worth it - easier to go and buy a new unlocked ATA for $50 and forget about the problem..

xXx

join:2013-01-08
reply to Serop

Re: Mediatrix 2102 from Iristel - config user/password

I have same problem can you please give me your password maybe it will work ...
My device configuration:
Type: Mediatrix 2102
Software version: 5.0.15.86
Hardware version: 6
System description: Mediatrix 2102 v5.0.15.86 SIP MIB 1.5.3.55 Profile IR-S5000-01-R

xXx

join:2013-01-08

Hi...
Did you configure your mediatrix 2102 ?