spc
uniqs
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to darcilicious

to darcilicious

Re: [iPhone] Knock off Lightning cables

Except the cable is way too short for use in the car thanks to where Ford decided things should go

NefCanuck

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

The one that came with my iPhone works fine in my Honda Fit -- but this might be of interest to you »[iPhone] Lightning cable extender
NefCanuck
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck

My Ford Fusion buries the USB connection in a secondary compartment under the armrest, great for stealth, not so great when you're trying to attach and disconnect things down there

NefCanuck

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

my Kia Rio5's inputs are between two 12V outlets at the bottom of the center part of the dash (just in front of the shifter)...there is also a little "tray" down there, which is a great place to keep your goodies where they are quickly and easily accessible.
NefCanuck
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck

said by dirtyjeffer0:

my Kia Rio5's inputs are between two 12V outlets at the bottom of the center part of the dash (just in front of the shifter)...there is also a little "tray" down there, which is a great place to keep your goodies where they are quickly and easily accessible.

Yeah it seems that some designers were just in the "shove it anywhere" mode, though to be fair 2008 was the first year for the USB port as part of the SYNC system and in the Fusion there wasn't much room to shove anything anywhere.

Of course other Ford cars had it worse. Ever see the tiny steering wheel buttons that Mustang owners get stuck with in the 2008 - 2010 MY? There's no way I could operate those without looking at them...

NefCanuck