how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

buckonator

join:2000-04-10
Marcus Hook, PA

[OS X] Tale of two macs

I have an old MacBook Pro and a mini. Looking to replace both with a shiny new retina display Mac book pro. The mini was the main house machine, the book was my dj rig. Biggest difference is that the book has a huge library of songs, both in iTunes and in MegaSeg, my dj software. The mini also has a huge collection of other music on it, some are duplicates others are tunes I never took on dj runs. The other software on the two machines is almost identical office, toast, etc. the good news is at least both libraries of tunes reside on external drives. How can I go about combining the two internal drives of the machines into one, then, get some automated way of combining the over 20k of tunes in iTunes and MegaSeg ? Thanks.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
I would suggest putting the music on an external hard drive
--
Romney - Ryan 2012

buckingham
Buckingham Pa
Premium
join:2005-07-17
Buckingham, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to buckonator
I agree with Jackarino...utilize external storage for large archives. I'm about to bite on a 13" MBP Retina to replace my work machine and have carefully considered this same issue relative to many years of archived email and presentation files. I don't want to take up the SSD space with all that stuff.