how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

koolx

join:2012-11-07
New York, NY
reply to mathfaster

Re: Whats a Cheap Wireless Router w/ Cable Modem - Time Warner?

said by mathfaster:

said by koolx:

hi mathfaster.. appreciate the reply. i just want to replcve the wireless cable modem with a cheaper one so i dont have to pay TWC wifi and router fees. wat do u suggest is the most economic and easiest way to get a wireless wifi cable modem?

I didn't need a router/modem but I bought a used SB5101U off Ebay for $24 versus new @ $55-$60. I just bought one that said they refurbished and at least tested the modem. You might also be able to find router/modems on Amazon via Amazon Marketplace. The ones sold there list the condition of the modem.

does this SB5101U have wireless capability where youre able to connect to the internet via wifi?

mathfaster

join:2005-09-23
Upland, CA

said by koolx:

does this SB5101U have wireless capability where youre able to connect to the internet via wifi?

SB5101U is just a cable modem. Only the SGB901 is a router/modem approved by Motorola for standard and below tier.

koolx

New York, NY

said by mathfaster:

said by koolx:

SB5101U is just a cable modem. Only the SGB901 is a router/modem approved by Motorola for standard and below tier.

yeah thats what i oringinally said that i needed.. i'm not looking for a cable modem alone. i need a router/modem with wireles capability.. what other router modems with wireless capability do you suggest i check out thats compatible with TWC and thats cheap?

mathfaster

join:2005-09-23
Upland, CA

4 edits

said by koolx:

yeah thats what i oringinally said that i needed.. i'm not looking for a cable modem alone. i need a router/modem with wireless capability.. what other router modems with wireless capability do you suggest i check out thats compatible with TWC and thats cheap?

SBG901 is a router w/cable modem(1 physical device). Only the SBG901 is a DOCSIS 2.0 device approved by TWC. I have no other recommendations other than what is approved by TWC. Routers can be wireless or not and combined with a cable modem(1 physical device) or not(2 physical devices - router & cable modem). You can use the SB5101U cable modems with many wireless routers but you are insisting on a single physical device having both a router function and a cable modem function. TWC has approved only the SBG901 router w/cable modem(one physical device) that is a DOCSIS 2.0 device.

koolx

New York, NY

said by mathfaster:

said by koolx:

yeah thats what i oringinally said that i needed.. i'm not looking for a cable modem alone. i need a router/modem with wireless capability.. what other router modems with wireless capability do you suggest i check out thats compatible with TWC and thats cheap?

SBG901 is a router w/cable modem(1 physical device). Only the SBG901 is a DOCSIS 2.0 device approved by TWC. I have no other recommendations other than what is approved by TWC. Routers can be wireless or not and combined with a cable modem(1 physical device) or not(2 physical devices - router & cable modem). You can use the SB5101U cable modems with many wireless routers but you are insisting on a single physical device having both a router function and a cable modem function. TWC has approved only the SBG901 router w/cable modem(one physical device) that is a DOCSIS 2.0 device.

thank you thfaster for your time and effort..