spc
uniqs

anon
@direcway.com

anon to diablo18926

Anon

to diablo18926

Re: [HN7000S] Will be getting Gen4

sorry but HUGHES NET/GEN4 is one of the most restarted Net services ive ever come across they cheat you out of bandwidth an make you pay more for less an limit you if u put an web browser up they knock your kbs down to 56k an itl cause you to 1)loose net 2)slow internet and many other issues just LOOK it up
hughesnet123
join:2012-11-08

hughesnet123

I'm not sure what you mean there Anon. Where I live Gen 4 is the best internet service. My parents have DSL and I'd pick hughes net over DSL. It's extremely fast and for me it has been more than reliable. I haven't power cycled one time. Nor have I ever had a webpage not load.

They aren't making me pay more for less. But they were before they went to Gen 4. Which is why I would not have hughesnet before gen 4. It was stupid to put a daily cap like that on there. Even with those low speeds. The 40GB cap is enough for most people.

At least those of us who live in places that we never thought we'd see internet this fast, it's definitely enough. We are used to having nothing or slow air cards with even more of an expensive cap.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

Maybe anon lives in a different area, this could make a big difference on alot of things.. I would'nt be surprised the day we get our Gen4 it will work like real actual fiber cable cause like I said no one in my state has it except for us.
Right now I'm dl-ing at our max with our current plan at only 245kb/s it would be so nice to see that make a huge jump.

I seen the other provider company that has there service just 200 feet away the other day, be nice if they would allow us to have it but I doubt it, they can run a cable line from the pole up to our house, no problem but they already told us atleast ten times the answer is still no.

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88

Anon

People in WV do have Gen4, every beam has a minimum of 1 person on it as I type.... Do you REALLY think they would throw a customer on a beam with out a tester at the minimum on that beam for a base line to see how that beam was doing?

Also, people seem to get the impression "fiber" is fiber, it isn't. Fiber is meant for backend ultra-low latency over vast distances, or to carry far more channels of data than a strand of copper can. Imagine 1ms from Newyork to LA if you have a straight shot. They have copper solutions at 10Gb, and Fiber solutions at 10Gb, the only difference is the medium, switch, and latency.

Just remember, residential fiber is NOT true fiber, it's a marketing gimmick.

245KB/s??? or kbps???
hughesnet123
join:2012-11-08

hughesnet123 to diablo18926

to diablo18926
That could be the case. Or he could be one of these people who have a PC filled with spyware. I knew someone who had a solid 20MB cable connection but only got under 1MB download all the time. This was due to all the spyware on his PC. Same applies with Hughesnet, some people who do not know how to operate computers well, may think it's worse than it actually is.

Not many people have it where I live either. It is extremely fast. Even when it slows down it's not noticeable, only if you do a speed test. At night time it tends to go around 18-20MB down around 2MB up. In the day time it's between 10 and 15. I have seen 8 and 9 before.

Some people complain it doesn't stay at 15 all the time. But I honestly don't think anyone can tell if they are browsing the web at 11 or 15mb. Both will load a website pretty much as fast as you need it and download around the same time.

I think you'll like it. I know it's made my living experience in my new home much better. I am used to being outside with my air cards trying to get them to get a signal with expensive antenna's. It was a horrible experience. Could barely watch a youtube video.

As of tonight gen 4 is still unlimited. My cap still hasn't started. When you get it, that should be the case unless they change it soon.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to C0RR0SIVE88

to C0RR0SIVE88
said by C0RR0SIVE88 :

245KB/s

ANON
@direcway.com

ANON to diablo18926

Anon

to diablo18926
from what i have been told it was my internet service hugesnet that was either blocking my stuff such as my Packets about 3months back i had no issues with playing Secondlife then all of ah sudden i kept getting issues it not letting me connect to there server said it may be my connection or there servers so i looked it up on Secondlifes end and Hughes end aswell i was told that the server couldnt acknowledge the UDP packets that allows the SL server comunicate to my laptop i was also asked if i used wirless i said yes but as i said b4 i had no issues with using wireless with the game i even hardwired it to my laptop still nothing funny thing is it only lets me play the game when its 1am my time the customer service person for hughes told me it may be there bandwidth wich i know it isnt ive asked them so im stuck in an issue with this been trying to figure out why im getting these issues an it all boils down to being my ISP

PCsongBird
join:2006-12-07
Hawthorne, FL

PCsongBird

ANON.. we have no problem logging on to SL with either our HN9000 or the G4 HT1000. But you should be aware...a few months ago LL pushed a server code to the system on the Tues/Weds restarts, that had a huge memory and usage leak problem. I am sure those on HN that didn't know and see it on the stat bar (we always keep ours up and visible) where FAP'd very quickly. We normally run around 80kbps on ultra when things settle down after loading a sim. When this happened usage went way up and was between 2-4MB/ sec, was constant, and even some we know on ISP's with 350 gig limits where throttled or FAP'd soon there after. We adjusted for this by pulling our graphics all the way down with a min draw distance, as we gig on SL and it is a source of income for some of us. But we also always keep our stat meter visible for quality control purposes. I suggest you go to the HN community site and get some tech support if your system isn't running up to par. And Linden Lab has fixed the high usage problem, but it could happen again, so keep the stat bar in mind. We have personally met with some higher up Lindens and discussed ways to make OpenGL programs easier on satellite users, and they were very helpful. Although our latency will always be higher than others on terrestrial internet connections, there is nothing on SL we have found we can not do, when our system is running normally.