spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Acct101

join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

So where are all the new HD channels we were promised?

I was expecting a glut of channels in October, but I guess it is ok for FIOS to tell us what we want to hear and not come through. SOP

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1

There were a bunch, but probably none or maybe only one you wanted.

Spanish Language Channels
Sports Channels
Cartoon Channel

Acct101

join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

What sports channels? Your not talking more HD channels for the NBA package are you? That shouldn't count as they can redeem them from the MLB PACKAGE and besides that package cost a bundle.

Great more spanish channels. Wonderful.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by Acct101:

What sports channels? Your not talking more HD channels for the NBA package are you? That shouldn't count as they can redeem them from the MLB PACKAGE and besides that package cost a bundle.

Great more spanish channels. Wonderful.

It has been pointed out the NBA/MLS channels are separate from the MLB/NHL channels both sets of channels have their own dedicated frequencies there is no stealing from one to give to the other and there is evidence surfacing we may see a shortened NHL very shortly as the two sides are getting close to a deal.

chitchatjf

join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

One thing thwe NHL could do and they gave serious thought to this last time around is make the ENTIRE season of Center Ice FREE!

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:9

said by chitchatjf:

One thing thwe NHL could do and they gave serious thought to this last time around is make the ENTIRE season of Center Ice FREE!

Not happening.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Myron4

join:2008-03-08
Dallas, TX
reply to Acct101

FUEL TV HD next please - another live UFC event tomorrow, from Macau.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to hobgoblin

said by hobgoblin:

said by chitchatjf:

Not happening.

Hob

The NHL is lucky they even still exist. They should do whatever they can to keep whatever few fans they have left.

Jh28

@bankofamerica.com

I'd like to see CBS Sports Network next for HD. They show some college football and going to be showing more college hoops and original programming too.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

said by Jh28 :

I'd like to see CBS Sports Network next for HD. They show some college football and going to be showing more college hoops and original programming too.

I agree. As I've said many times, sports are the most important for HD.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

said by Greg2600:

said by Jh28 :

I agree. As I've said many times, sports are the most important for HD.

The least important for me. I wish i could get a package that did not include 90% to 95% of the sports channels.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:9
reply to Mac973

"The NHL is lucky they even still exist. They should do whatever they can to keep whatever few fans they have left."

I would bet my House and Camaro convertible that the Sabres will sell out the First Niagara Center the first game back.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

bsangs

join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by hobgoblin:

I would bet my House and Camaro convertible that the Sabres will sell out the First Niagara Center the first game back.

Hob

Of course they will. What the hell else is there to do in Buffalo during the dead of winter?

jetman

join:2012-11-11
Buffalo, NY

said by bsangs:

said by hobgoblin:

Hob

Of course they will. What the hell else is there to do in Buffalo during the dead of winter?

I guess that explains the woeful attendance at Devils games. Just too much else to do in Newark...

FIOSman

@verizon.net

You'd think CBS isn't too happy that FIOS offers HD for NBC Sports and not for CBS Sports.

shmee

join:2005-04-03
Phoenixville, PA
reply to Acct101

wouldn't mind diy and cooking channel in hd so the old lady would have more to watch and less to complain about.

other than march madness, what does cbs sports carry that's so great?

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to FIOSman

said by FIOSman :

You'd think CBS isn't too happy that FIOS offers HD for NBC Sports and not for CBS Sports.

Thats all based on subscribers, 4x more have NBCsports then CBSsports.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to Acct101

CBS blew it when they didn't put the NCAA tournament on that network. They easily would have forced pickup on other systems, HD on Verizon, and movement to better tiers.

mets18

join:2008-10-15
New York, NY

said by Greg2600:

CBS blew it when they didn't put the NCAA tournament on that network. They easily would have forced pickup on other systems, HD on Verizon, and movement to better tiers.

I'm sure CBS would have loved to put the NCAA tournament on CBS Sports Network. Likely the NCAA saw the difference in potential eyes and demanded that it be on a more widely distributed network such as TruTV.

bsangs

join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to jetman

said by jetman:

said by bsangs:

said by hobgoblin:

Hob

I guess that explains the woeful attendance at Devils games. Just too much else to do in Newark...

Newark is about 15 minutes from this place called Manhattan. There's a few things there to keep a person occupied when it's cold.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to jetman

said by jetman:

said by bsangs:

said by hobgoblin:

Hob

You could say the same about the Islanders. Their games are usually on "overflow" MSG channels and they don't even have a real radio affiliate. NYC metro can't support 3 hockey teams, which goes back to my original point about how few people care about hockey. Buffalo is practically in Canada, where hockey belongs, so it doesn't surprise me if it's popular there.

thetick

join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

That's funny three hockey teams and not one big time college football team? Rutgers and Connecticut are barely Division I. Syracuse is hundreds of miles away. Notre Dame, Michigan and Penn State have the largest fan base in NYC metro... truly sad.

Hooper
Premium
join:2001-10-22
Villanova, PA
reply to Acct101

No offense to folks who don't like sports, but I don't understand why you would subscribe to anything more than basic cable. So much content is offered via Netflix, Amazon, Hulu or the like, maybe even all? The only channels people have to watch live are for sports. Verizon needs as many sports channels in HD as they can offer since live events are the only ads people actually see. Also with the home market broadcast restrictions, there are no real alternatives.

I understand the convenience argument and likely have a minority view on this, but TV is changing and so is the way we watch it. I think we would all agree that being able to purchase the channels we want to watch is the end game here.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to Acct101

does Verizon have any plans on adding 3net?...I have a 3DTV and I would like to see more then ESPN 3D...3net seems like the best overall 3D channel with 24/7 content

aaronwt
Premium
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Hooper

said by Hooper:

No offense to folks who don't like sports, but I don't understand why you would subscribe to anything more than basic cable. So much content is offered via Netflix, Amazon, Hulu or the like, maybe even all? The only channels people have to watch live are for sports. Verizon needs as many sports channels in HD as they can offer since live events are the only ads people actually see. Also with the home market broadcast restrictions, there are no real alternatives.

I understand the convenience argument and likely have a minority view on this, but TV is changing and so is the way we watch it. I think we would all agree that being able to purchase the channels we want to watch is the end game here.

It would be more expensive because much of that content is still pay per title.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to TitusTroy

said by TitusTroy:

does Verizon have any plans on adding 3net?...I have a 3DTV and I would like to see more then ESPN 3D...3net seems like the best overall 3D channel with 24/7 content

Haven't read anything lately.

aaronwt
Premium
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Hooper

said by Hooper:

It would be more expensive because much of that content is still pay per title.