Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to mbernste

Re: [OOL] Credit Request Online Form

I called and got my $29 credit applied immediately. If you submit the form, it may take up to two billing cycles (according to the recording on the phone).

EDIT: And it *could* be easier. CV should be able to apply the credit automatically for any house with a cable box or modem. But they don't.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

said by Bob4:

If you submit the form, it may take up to two billing cycles (according to the recording on the phone).

Actually, when I submitted it, it said it should be applied on my next bill. Regardless, I'm patient.

cabletecht

join:2012-06-08
reply to Bob4

said by Bob4:

I called and got my $29 credit applied immediately. If you submit the form, it may take up to two billing cycles (according to the recording on the phone).

EDIT: And it *could* be easier. CV should be able to apply the credit automatically for any house with a cable box or modem. But they don't.

I'm thinking the reason behind not giving a credit across the board is because of people in n2jtx situation below. Power maybe out, but if they have a generator their services may work.

I'm sure there are many ppl who won't bother to call or fill out a form for credit, which will save cablevision some money as well.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

Plus not everyone was down for the same duration

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey

CV should be able to tell when STBs and modems (phones) were offline.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

said by Bob4:

Lol

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Bob4

They can at least at a specific moment but it is likely they do not keep a database of when every one of the 3 Million modems and maybe 4-6 Million Set tops is on/off line and whether it is simply because someone disconnected their modem.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

cabletecht

join:2012-06-08
reply to Bob4

said by Bob4:

I'm sure they can. But it doesn't tell them why its offline.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by cabletecht:

said by Bob4:

I'm sure they can. But it doesn't tell them why its offline.

They certainly have logs of the DHCP requests/renewals and might have logs on each CMTS of activity for debugging but I suspect that they do not have a centralized database of which device was online and offline at a specific time. I guess it is possible they do have logs of every device but I'm not sure what the purpose of it would be on a normal basis. If they do then it would be simple to give rebates to anyone who was offline but without a centralized log of when devices were online and for how long etc it would be a large amount of work even if there are logs on the CMTS.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Bob4

said by Bob4:

If you submit the form, it may take up to two billing cycles (according to the recording on the phone).

It's only "up to" 2 because if you request the credit (or, if it is applied) just before the billing cycle ends when the bill is generated, it will not show until the one after that. Same thing goes with requesting it over the phone, just that you know it is entered at the time of call (not a guarantee with the online form).

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey

OK, that makes sense. Since my payment was due on Nov 6, I'm glad I called and got the credit right away.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
reply to Bob4

said by Bob4:

I called and got my $29 credit applied immediately. If you submit the form, it may take up to two billing cycles

Got it on this billing cycle via the online form, so YES it couldn't be ANY easier.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey

With Verizon Wireless, I got my text message credit without having to do anything at all.

howieh
4 more weeks
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ
kudos:1
reply to mbernste

Got mine too, about $38.