All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
hughesnet123
join:2012-11-08

hughesnet123 to monicakm

to monicakm

Re: Gen 4/Two Weeks and...

I am having extremely good results with Gen 4 also. It has been amazing. When the cap does kick in, it won't bother me much. I am used to keeping up with my data.

At one time I had 60MB down with a cable connection. I had a 250GB cap then. I checked my cap every day just to see what I used. Most months I didn't even use 30GB. With this I have 40GB total. And I'm someone who doesn't watch TV. I stay on the internet all day and watch a ton of youtube and stream a lot of radio.

The only time I took more GB was uploading very large videos. Fortunately for that, my parents have unlimited DSL and my best friend has very fast cable internet. I can go there to upload large files. As far as browsing the web, this cap will be enough for me.

But I don't do bit torrents or download things. I browse the web. I do download albums and movies from itunes, but not every day. So generally it's still pretty low.

MeAgain4
@direcway.com

MeAgain4

Anon

Here comes the real complaints, aside from the many users already saying they never come close to reaching expected (Up-to) speeds!
»community.myhughesnet.co ··· llowance
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel

Perhaps I should pay them `up to' $117 a month for PowerMax. Sounds like a legitimate solution to their reasoning.

My service has gone to crap in the past week or so.. Not evening getting 1/3rd of what I'm supposed to be getting which is 15Mbps.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by TexasRebel:

Not evening getting 1/3rd of what I'm supposed to be getting which is 15Mbps.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying that.. that speed is off an advertisement, don't expect too much from advertisements, those lead you to believeing anything. Next you'll be asking where's your free membership for a contract that don't even exist from some spamming and unprotected website that you got from.
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel

Advertisement or not.. I know what the technology is capable of achieving. Why is ViaSat/Exede with ViaSat-1 reaching speeds in excess of 18Mbps down and 4.5Mbps up?? And their advertisements say `up to' 12mbps. If Echostar 17 has 140Gbps of bandwidth, then how much of it's are they using for HNG4? How much is it being used for military, etc.?