uniqs

chachster
Premium Member
join:2002-08-07
Westerville, OH

chachster

Premium Member

Moved to owned how to return leased modem

I bought a SB61641 and last night called to get it added so I can use it. That went fine and it is up and running. The leased modem will be on the account until I return it. I assume I can go to the WOW office listed on their site to return. Do I need to schedule something with them, or just drop by? I also need to pick up a second cable card. Minus the system upgrades and hour long hold to get the modem put on my account for use, haven't seen any major issues. Decided to get my own modem and roll the dice and hopefully start recouping the cost of the modem after a while.

I asked if I just needed to drop off the modem at the local office and the rep said yes. I forgot to ask about needing to schedule, etc and didn't have the patience to wait on hold again for a while.

I know I am in the minority with Media Center and XBoxen, but so far the better half is fine with it and will be cancelling the other provider. Minus a few channels that I did watch and wish were available, but maybe someday.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

You do not need to schedule any times, just drop by the office whenever you have a chance, during business hours of course.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess to chachster

to chachster
They can send you a prepaid box in which to return it. But if the office is nearby it's probably better to drop it off.

Come to think of it I had a tech come out and pick mine up. Easiest appointment he ever had . Maybe that's not the norm though.
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

Body Count to chachster

to chachster
I dropped mine off at the office. They will give you a sheet stating you returned the modem. Make sure you keep this sheet just in case you disconnect WOW service and they try to say you never returned the modem so they want to charge you for it.

Rambo76098
join:2003-02-21
Columbus, OH

Rambo76098 to chachster

to chachster
Office shouldn't be too far from ya, IIRC it's off route 3 near where route 3 and 161 meet.

va176thunder
join:2001-09-14
Columbus, OH

va176thunder to chachster

to chachster
I just did the same (added my own SB6121 and returned the WOW modem) - was in and out of the office with my receipt in 5 minutes. I went to the office by rt3/161.
adam1991
join:2012-06-16
united state

adam1991 to chachster

to chachster
yep, just wander in. Extremely friendly and knowledgeable people there. I've been there several times.

I do the cableCARD/Media Center/XBox thing myself, although my beta test Ceton Echo arrives tomorrow...

chachster
Premium Member
join:2002-08-07
Westerville, OH

chachster

Premium Member

Was extremely easy. At first they said you are good and I asked for a receipt to show that I did return their modem just incase (file it away hoping not to need it)

Also looking at buying the Ceton Echo as an extender. My cablecards are in HD Homerun Primes, but I was able to put them on the network and not have to have them attached/inserted into the PC. Just added the second one and now have 6 tuners which makes the wife happy as she likes to record a lot. I'm just thrilled it pasted her test as she seems to be an expert with it now.

I do have to thank WOW_Dan for getting the additional cablecard setup and activated on my account. I guess something didn't happen in the system, but he was able to work some magic.

The office was closer than I thought and easy for me to get to which after my free 1 year HDDVR (current hooked to a CRT TV) I know where to take that back to. The free HDDVR for 1 year was what the sales guy was offering, decided to take that over a DTA and will get the Echo for this TV (maybe someday replace this 19" CRT, but it works, so I can't justify that)