Premium
join:2005-10-25
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
·Vonage

1 recommendation

[FiOS] 1st service call in 6 years

Finally had to call Frontier because I woke up to no internet on Tuesday morning before work. I am on ethernet from the Motorola 1000V ONT to my Netgear N300 router. I left for work figuring it would be back on by the time I got home. I got home around 8:30 pm after voting and grocery shopping and still had no internet. Did all the diagnostic checks I could think of:

1. Reset router
2. Connect direct to PC (on board NIC)
3. Tried on 2 different NIC's

I even replaced the battery inside as the old one was going bad as indicated by the BBU beeping.

I called customer support and was on the phone for one half hour and no luck. CSR finally submitted a work ticket.

Tech came out Wednesday at noon and replaced the inside power supply, checked the ONT and tried getting it to reactivate. After tech called in and tried having Tier 2(?) support activate the ONT, still no joy. It was deduced that for whatever reason my ONT was bad so tech switched it out with a new, smaller unit.

After spending over 2 hours here, the tech had everything reconnected and I was back online. Tech was very personable and I watched as he did all his work. He advised me that I could call him directly if any issues came up in the next 30 days.

All in all, a quick and competent service call.