spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Syslink

join:2012-11-08
Spring Valley, CA

[DIRECTV] DirecTv on demand is not what it appears to be!

I'm a new subscriber to DIRECTV, I had Cox Communications before. Just a note to people thinking of subscribing to Directv.....They advertize 7000 movies and shows instantly (On Demand) while this is SOMEWHAT true, that only depends on the speed of your internet service. The fastest speed that I can get to my house other than high priced Cox is ATT DSL at 3mb/s and that speed is dependant on how many devices are using the internet at the same time, in my household on a normal day, I usually see no more than 1.5 mbps, (speedtest.net) with that being said, there is no such thing as on demand with Directv....when you choose to watch an on demand program it has to download that program to your DVR (Cox plays it instantly) at my internet speed, the time to download an on demand HD movie is around 4 hours...sometimes more. So beware of the on demand feature...its not on demand, its all dependant on your internet connection and how long it takes to download the movie to your DVR.

comp
Premium
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA
This is nothing new.

Sandman
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Strafford, MO
reply to Syslink
So you had to wait 4 hours to watch your movie?

I have never ordered any on-demand movies, but my mother-in-law has, and she didn't have any complaints like that, and we have fixed wireless at a max of 1Mbps.
--
Rule #62: Don't take yourself so damn seriously!

DJ
Premium
join:2001-06-13
Opelika, AL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·Knology
reply to Syslink
AT&T is a horrible choice to be bundled with Directv for high speed internet. The speed is far too slow for the VOD service. Only their 6.0 package is barely fast enough to get any enjoyment of the VOD. Not to mention their ridiculous 150 GB cap, you can't do too much in the way of VOD anyways.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
said by DJ:

AT&T is a horrible choice to be bundled with Directv for high speed internet. The speed is far too slow for the VOD service. Only their 6.0 package is barely fast enough to get any enjoyment of the VOD. Not to mention their ridiculous 150 GB cap, you can't do too much in the way of VOD anyways.

You don't seriously expect them to bundle cable HSI or UVERSE do you???

I have never wanted to use VOD or PPV for that matter, since both have restricted use, you don't get to store them away, among other reasons.

--

egnlsn
Premium
join:2003-09-26
Salt Lake City, UT
reply to Syslink
The new releases (movies) that are labeled "Watch Now" are downloaded via satellite to your DVR at some point in time. Since they're sitting on your harddrive, you actually can watch them now.

Other than that, the VOD is a joke.
--
CIAO!

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
said by egnlsn:

The new releases (movies) that are labeled "Watch Now" are downloaded via satellite to your DVR at some point in time. Since they're sitting on your harddrive, you actually can watch them now.

Other than that, the VOD is a joke.

Then again they don't say VODN(ow) Just VOD which it is.

You demand it and eventually you get it
--