Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

COjosh

join:2011-02-21
kudos:1
reply to MrBubbaHyde

Re: [DSL] Frontier Speed Issues at My Home

Those transceiver stats look excellent, I see no issue at all right now. As a matter of fact, you could easily run 7Meg service at those values and even faster.

Your speed test also seems to closely match the provisioned data rates your modem is running at.

When you say "crappy" speeds are you referring to high ping rates, slow browsing, 404 errors, etc?

..or is the problem related to them offering you faster than 3Meg and then not providing the faster speed?

MrBubbaHyde

join:2010-02-25
Shavertown, PA
Yea the main problem is Just the overall speed compared to what im paying for, they keep telling me I cant get anymore, but like you said my statistics say I can, basically I believe I am being cut down, I came from Comcast a year ago and do video work for people from home, so my upload download is killing me in getting work done.

Anything I can say to them to boost my speed/ Supposed to be getting up to 12mbps?

COjosh

12M would be on the Bonded DSL plans my man...you may indeed be at the fastest speed your CO can support with it's current equipment.

..and, I feel your pain, I came from a major metro area and found myself plopped down in the sticks with little to no interwebz..and no other options..

I doubt they are personally "throttling" you. They may have an oversold CO/RT where everyone is capped at a max of 3Meg to save bandwidth, or you're on older equipment that just can't support anything over 3Meg..

I wouldn't know what to "say" to get them to upgrade your CO.

EDIT- On your bill, does it actually say "Up to 12M"? Because your modem is DEFINITELY NOT provisioned for that tier of service.

MrBubbaHyde

Shavertown, PA
On My bill the line says High Speed Internet Max Term.

And yes I was sold up to 12mbps on the call which I thought was more than acceptable, I signed up in October 2011 It used to say 12mbps right on the bill now it doesnt.

I'm just looking for help because it is outrageous to be paying over 100.00 dollars a month for a service that doesnt provide what I was told it would.

I do understand the equipment issues, but for goodness sake I dont even have a N router, still a G

I have 4 Children and once the gaming or surfing commences I would be lucky to be able to even start to stream a movie with these low speeds. I believe my line can handle being provisioned for 7mbps
But I can't seem to get them to even try it, I mean whats the harm if it's unstable put it back!

Thanks for your continuing help.

COjosh

I'm always late to the party when Smith is around..

Like he said, pester, pester, pester!

Find your local CO/Garage and stalk a Frontier van until you find the answers you are looking for.

The monkeys on the phones have nothing to go on other than loop records that are stamped with a max terminal speed even though, in the real world, there may be a drastic difference.

Only way to get the real dirt is to find a Frontier tech that actually KNOWS.

MrBubbaHyde

Shavertown, PA
Hey Thanks again guys, although I dont understand all the lingo, I get the point. I have a call in to a local manager I spoke to a while back to see if anything changed. I am really hoping to have him bump up my line as a test, if I could Just get to 5-7 I might be able to live with it.

Comcast does not run service to my home but they are 5/10ths of a mile away, might be worth it to just pay them to run it! I cant stand the speed I have now, its killing my work, and my personal fun!