No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to IPfaxer

Re: CC Disaster

said by IPfaxer:

Anyone else having a problem registering with Callcentric since the storm (even if you are somewhere not affected by the storm)? I just can't get anything to register on my ISP line but I borrowed someone else's ISP line and was able to get successful registration. Both are....

Please clarify something.

When you said "I borrowed someone else's ISP line", do you mean that you took your ATA to THEIR home and added it to their router, etc., or did you just borrow their login credentials and use them at YOUR place with all of your hardware ?

Both are possible on DSL, so would be important to know which you did, if FIOS behaves like DSL.

IPfaxer

join:2010-10-24
Sort of...

I literally took my ATAs to their line (office next to my office) and took my laptop with my softphone to their office too. No problems. Registration, whole 9 yards. We both have separate Verizon FIOS lines. Speed of both is 25 up and 25 down symmetric so bandwidth no issue.

Walked back to my office...no go. No registration. Tried a free voip.ms account, worked fine. Callcentric...no go. Registration fails. Nothing changed on my network at all. Everything was great until their storm outage and since then, no registration (at first, some up and down registrations, and then none).

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
said by IPfaxer:

Sort of...

I literally took my ATAs to their line (office next to my office)....

Thanks, OK, and was slick and easy to do.

Will think about it and post back.

IPfaxer

reply to Davesnothere
Forgot to mention, I also did the same thing with a neighboring office that has Time Warner Business Class internet. My stuff registered fine, worked well.

Went back to my office, no go. No registrations!

I have no idea what is causing this. Same router as always. No new settings, nothing. Power cycled everything just in case. My IP never changed in 2 years. No problems until end of last week. Vexxing...

IPfaxer

reply to Davesnothere
Click for full size
downloadregistration···tric.pdf 26,029 bytes
softphone registration failure
I ran a packet sniffer on my computer and tried to use my soft phone on my own computer. Saw registration attempt. I'll attach it as an image here I guess.

The 192. address is the computer with softphone.

Now, please note this is not using DNS SRV. But, on my neighbors' ISP connections it DOES register and work normally. My ATAs are set for DNS SRV and they only are working when I bring them to my neighbors' ISP connections.

IPfaxer

reply to IPfaxer
one last thing
router in question has always been

SecureComputing SG300

they started as Snapgear and then were ultimately purchased by McAfee and absorbed into their security device product line

No changes made on the router in 2+ years and has very basic settings anyways. Nothing special turned on. Nothing being blocked. As I said, a test registration to voip.ms was no problem. Just not to Callcentric which is what I need!

DBOD

join:2012-10-17
reply to IPfaxer
Have you sent the contents of those four packets to CC. You know you have an authentication failure. The first two SIP transactions look standard. The problem probably probably lies in third packet. You need to examine it to see what was being sent back to CC to cause it to fail. It would also be interesting to examine the packets when it is successful at your neighbors.

DBOD

reply to IPfaxer
Are you saying you take your computer to your neighbors and it works? Or your neighbor has the same softphone software and you can register your account there? Or you neighbor has the same softphone and they can register with their CC account?

DBOD

reply to IPfaxer
Ok, this one is a head scratcher. Let me throw a wild thought out. Assuming when you move the hardware over you are also taking your ATA and laptop power supplies? Or are you on your laptop battery in one situation and not the other? And the last thought is are you plugging into a UPS at your office. Could it have been damaged/degraded in the power outage? Try plugging your ATA and laptop into the same power outputs like you probably do at the neighbors. Goodluck.

IPfaxer

reply to DBOD
literally brought my computer and my ATAs over to my neighbors (offices - not residences) - all with their own ISP accounts

Iscream
Premium
join:2009-02-17
New York, NY
kudos:6
I've PM'ed to you - please try to check again. I think - it works now.

Iscream
Premium
join:2009-02-17
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Free NY DIDs are operational as of now.

I'm saying "as of now" because there are still construction and repair works all around NYC therefore due to some construction worker mistake (throwing a shovel into a wire-hub ) or another flooding (still possible) or anything like that - the telephone service based on copper wires may go down again.

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to IPfaxer
said by IPfaxer:

literally brought my computer and my ATAs over to my neighbors (offices - not residences) - all with their own ISP accounts

Maybe your modem has a setting changed? Maybe something to do with all the changes CC made for the DDOS attack did something?

DBOD

reply to IPfaxer
One more crazy idea. The account is already registered by someone who has your credentials. Log on to the website to see if you are registered before you turn on the ATA.