Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

[Extreme] Speaking of Cap

Speaking of Rogers cap (120GB in ONTARIO, 500GB out east) has anyone had any success at increasing your bandwidth w/o the associated costs?

120GB isn't enough for Netflix/Hulu and any sort of restoring misbehaving iDevices.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..

said by J E F F:

120GB isn't enough for Netflix/Hulu and any sort of restoring misbehaving iDevices.

Yes, and that's done by design so that you don't go cancelling you Rogers TV service unless you're willing to pay quite a bit more.

Since you're on Extreme package, you should really consider switching to a TPIA such as Teksavvy or Start which offer the same speeds but with a 300-400GB cap/month (and currently no means to actually monitor you so technically unlimited). You'll even save $15/month i think or more.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by jmck:

said by J E F F:

Yes, and that's done by design so that you don't go cancelling you Rogers TV service unless you're willing to pay quite a bit more.

Since you're on Extreme package, you should really consider switching to a TPIA such as Teksavvy or Start which offer the same speeds but with a 300-400GB cap/month (and currently no means to actually monitor you so technically unlimited). You'll even save $15/month i think or more.

I think I am going to lean that way. I have to make sure I am not on some sort of contract, I know I have 18 months remaining on my cable, but unsure if they even want to keep me, $17/month for VIP cable isn't making them much money.

But damn this internet sucks. I have had issue with my iPhone since the damn iOS6 upgrade, so that has taken about 20GB of bandwidth, downloading damned Windows 8 (twice, one evaluation + one upgrade) was 9 GB, OS X updates (apps) was another 2, so I haven't downloaded a single movie and I am at 40 GB just with damned software updates and crap.

Teksavvy is 300GB, which probably would be pretty close to what I need (since I am thinking 250GB), but if I get rid of cable I'd go for their unlimited.

I don't understand though why they treat Ontario like second class citizens.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

Because there is no widespread FTTH alternative without caps in Ontario.