bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson to fuziwuzi

Premium Member

to fuziwuzi

Re: my phone now worthless?

HSPA at 2100 yes, but HSPA on 1900 is not supported on this so in T-Mobile's transition it will not be able to use 3g but will be on Edge until they phase that out.

buddahbless
join:2005-03-21
Premium

1 edit

buddahbless

Click for full size
Not to worry everyone, read my post above. 1700 dual use its what TMO is proposing (LTE & HSPA on 1700 simultaneously) supposedly it will be in effect for quite some time. So your phones will not be phased out over night or even the next few yrs.

Lets just hope they follow through with those plans.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
Spartanburg, SC

1 edit

bobjohnson

Premium Member

Any Links? From what i've seen they are using the parts of 1900 that they can't use with HSPA for GSM (Roaming and those that are left using it) and repurposing 1700 for 10x10 LTE. In some markets they only have 10x10 to use.
edit: Forgot about that. Thanks for the pic.

buddahbless
Premium

2 edits

buddahbless

Dont remember the exact link page, but I posted the only thing I saved which is what the network will ( suppose to) look like after re farming and LTE deployment. It was in one of TMO press release Im sure searching there site you will uncover it somewhere.

PS: edit1: No problem, your welcome.
edit2: It seems we have to keep on editing our post as each other keeps reading it just after the other updates.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

I edited my post. They also got a bunch of spectrum from T in AWS band too. So they will be able to split up these markets in narrower bands.

buddahbless
Premium

buddahbless

True I also think another reason to keep the 1700 HSPA going is for smaller roaming partners from other countries such as Wind Mobile & Mobilicity Canada.

I have family members that travel down from Toronto and they roam on TMO when here. Im sure TMO would rather welcome a full roaming agreement than let ATT have it. Now if we could just implement an agreement with Wind/ Mobilicity for unlimited usage talk/txt/data when TMO hits Canada (major metro areas) instead of TMO having to use Mr. "Rogers" neighborhood, I would be happy.

Also heres a link to what TMO network is supposedly to reflect well into the future, this makes it seems that no matter what HSPA on 1700 mhz will still be around for those who chose to never upgrade.
»farm8.staticflickr.com/7 ··· b264.jpg