join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to donoreo

Re: Dirty Hotel Rooms

said by donoreo:

The sheets are washed, but the comforters are not. Maybe they should be washed after each guest too.

Or at least a use a comforter cover that is changed after each guest. If they change the pillow cases, change the comforter cover as well.

I've taken to carrying alcohol wipes with me and I usually wipe down the toilet, the light switch near the door, the phone and the remote. I'll add the tap to the list -- I hadn't thought of that one. I'm not a germaphobe by any stretch, but if I'm staying in a room that thousands of people have before me, I'd rather not pick up an unwanted gift from them if I can avoid it.
--
"Pro amicis mortui amicis vivimus" (We live in the hearts of friends for whom we died)
the inscription on the Memorial in the Canadian War Cemetery at Groesbeek, the Netherlands

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3

I usually just take the comforter out every time because of this. If it's winter and it gets cold, I just bring extra clothes. Didn't think the faucet was that bad, though. I figured they'd spray it with some anti-bacterial.