join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

3 edits

1 recommendation

reply to Iscream

Re: CC Disaster

said by Iscream:

....The result is an ability to protect from DoS and DDOS attacks by creating a huge capacity of fast moving targets, changing their parameters quickly in "invisibly" for attackers by replacing actual serving, but currently [over]loaded computers, in real time, within milliseconds, with fresh and not loaded ones while allowing the former keep processing earlier started requests and dialogs....

I see.

This reminds me of that old arcade game at county fairs where you shoot at the ducks and knock them down.

However, there always seem to be more ducks to replace them - maybe even the SAME ducks - but we cannot see what happens below the deck, and it really does not matter, as long as more ducks come into the sight of the rifle.

EDIT : Please note that in this example, WE play the part of the attackers, and no matter how many ducks we knock down, there always seem to be more.

Iscream
Premium
join:2009-02-17
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I'd say - it reminds a game/screen-saver/trojan-virus where an entire screen surface quickly populates with cockroaches getting from anywhere where you're required to knock them down by either mouse or fingernail, but they keep coming in, more and more... until you use something like DDT or just remove the software that irritates your mind )