spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mcbsys

join:2011-05-22

[Line Problem] Where to get network status by city/zip?

My San Diego residential DSL was offline for 75 minutes overnight.

Spent maybe 15 minutes in chat with AT&T, who said that there was no outage. She directed me to this KB article:

Is there an outage in my area?
»www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp···zQFMvrF7

The "Troubleshoot and Resolve" link in that article takes me to my Account Overview page. In other words, useless.

I called tech support and after another 15 minutes or so, the tech was able to confirm that there was planned maintenance from 12am to 6am.

1. Where can I go online to see current and historical outages?

2. How can I be notified about planned maintenance in advance?

Thanks,
Mark

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
1. I don't know that they have ever reported historical outages; and it has been a while since I have seen a current outage page. Used to be one, but it never seemed to be updated.

2. I believe that the normal maintenance window is about 12:00AM to 2:00AM. I have never been informed of a way to receive maintenance notice. On occasion I have seen a notice posted in the AT&T forums by one of the techs; but it is not a routine event.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

mcbsys

join:2011-05-22
Thanks. Seems like that is info they could and should provide.

DSL Extreme, for example, posts info on their web site and on Twitter. I use RSS to pull the Twitter feed. Not perfect but it really helps to know if an outage was due to maintenance or a fault in my equipment.