Search similar:

uniqs

jeisenberg
New Year's Eve
join:2001-07-06
Windsor, ON

jeisenberg

Cogeco service issues result in complaint to CRTC

I have had good luck with Cogeco and have used cable, in all its incarnations, since it came to Windsor. So, I've been quick to recommend Cogeco to my clients (I provide configuration and repair services for PCs).

When I recommended Cogeco to one of my clients as a replacement for slow DSL service, I thought I was doing her a favour. But, it turns out her neighborhood has been suffering repeated outages and service interruptions for MONTHS.

It finally came to a head... she's switching her phone (the most critical part of her bundle - she's a live-alone senior) back to Bell; but not before enduring numerous failed attempts by service techs to clear up her problem of lost phone and TV signals.

Anyway, she's feisty, and as a parting shot, she has made a long, detailed (she keeps excellent records, apparently) and scathing report to the CRTC.

I have a good rapport with Cogeco techs in the area, and with Cogeco phone support personnel. But, despite my attempts to get this situation resolved, it has not been fixed.

Shame on you, Cogeco, for lying and giving her the run-around. I expected better from you.

sofawall
@cgocable.net

sofawall

Anon

As a tier one phone rep at Cogeco, if there's an area issue (and man, are there ever some known problem areas) we are neither allowed to mention it nor able to do anything about it. We just keep booking service calls until the area manager/dispatch notices and gets a maintenance guy to take a look. If it's too big for him (a big area rebuild needed, for example) it can take months or years for anything to be done. Some areas just don't have good cabling, and apparently Cogeco deems it worth the trouble from some people in order to make money off the others.