join:2012-04-03
reply to jupiter47

Re: Youtube Streaming Down

Youtube works here just fine

richkut

join:2012-02-10
Cleveland, OH
reply to richkut
Come to think of it, a few weeks ago I was able to stream videos wirelessly on my cell phone via my home network, but lately with the slowdown (actually, crawl) experienced with Google Play Store, I have noticed that I cannot stream anything without it having to stop and buffer every few seconds. I have a 65 Mbps wireless link with my cell phone in my home, so why is my throughput apparently suffering? Does this coincidentally coincide with everyone else's Youtube problems and/or with the latest software/firmware push...? Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
--
Rich K
South Euclid, OH

Tester1

@wideopenwest.com
reply to jupiter47
I bet it's related to the Adobe Flash release on 11-6 or 11-7. It seems it started after that and that's what youtube uses. WOW and Adobe need to figure it out what Adobe Flash broke.

Here is a link:

»forums.adobe.com/message/4827339

Drazhar

join:2012-11-13
reply to jupiter47
Something worth considering, it might be due to server issues in New York area still being slammed as a result of Superstorm Sandy?

ColumbusOH

@wideopenwest.com
reply to jupiter47
I've had no issues this morning with either Youtube or Play Store. Unlike the last few days where one video would play, I'd get my hopes up and then the next would fail that has not happened today.

But, since I have no idea what the cause was and even less of one about what was changed to get it working I'm leery this problem may return at any time.

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:35
I'm not entirely sure what the problem might be here, but I will be escalating this to our network engineering group to see if they've heard about this, and what they might be able to look into. I will be back in the office on Monday to take a closer look.

Drazhar

join:2012-11-13
As an aside, it's definitely not Flash because I tried it while opted in to the YouTube HTML5 beta.

Then the error message would be "This video is not available" instead of "an error occurred"

Hopefully everything we've reported helps get this ironed out!

jgo1961

join:2012-11-12
Columbus, OH
reply to jgo1961
I meant IOS 5, not 4

jgo1961

Columbus, OH
reply to Drazhar
It's not flash because its not working on my IPads or my DirecTV app either. We keep going back to what ifs based on home equipment but I'll say it again - 2 windows laptops, 1 desktop, 1 android phone - on home network, no Youtube. Outside network, Youtube works great. On home network, all other video services work fine and dandy. I've reset and rebooted every thing in every imaginable combination. The only conceivable thing left is the home network, i.e. WOW.

Sat on phone for 45 minutes waiting for WOW tech support and then got the disconnect/busy tone.

ColumbusOH

@wideopenwest.com
reply to ColumbusOH
Back to not working again. So frustrating.

jgo1961

Columbus, OH
reply to jupiter47
For whatever it's worth, I taught in a school in Ohio last year and Youtube would get futzzed up by the school's security software, some of which was to prevent students, but not teachers, from using Youtube. The IT guys had a hard time keeping Youtube running for the people who were supposed to have it. I'm wondering it there is something in the way WOW is delivering the internet service that is doing something to inhibit Youtube. Just grasping for straws here.

Gerard1234

join:2012-04-03
reply to WOW_Dan
Never had a problem here since I got WOW 2 months ago. Use it just about every day. I have Ultra.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
reply to WOW_Dan

Re:Youtube Streaming Down

Working perfectly today (now). My Win7 did get an update, and Java got an update too. Did that fix it? No clue.

Maybe everyone is good now?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmmPFrkuPq0

Played without a hitch.

jupiter47

join:2012-11-08
Evansville, IN
I'm good as well; have been since yesterday.

asilentshout

join:2012-11-15
Columbus, OH
reply to usa2k
Been working here since yesterday as well. I doubt it was a Windows update as all of the devices on my network are Apple.

royboy

@wideopenwest.com
reply to jupiter47

Re: Youtube Streaming Down

good here in evansville last 3 days- keep fingers crossed

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
Redford, MI

Re: Youtube Streaming Down - Awesome now

I tried a test while streaming a perfectly working YouTube

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVDUTX3g94A

I know that's not the way to get a good result, but the result is great!

EDIT: It is a still picture on this video

--

Jim, VoIP 12/2002, VOIPo 2/2007
FAH-Tool~Pets~Join Artist-247

JamfSlayer

join:2012-11-04
Columbus, OH
Maybe the accidentally moved their highest paying subscribers to a lower policy for some reason with the new billing upgrade... After Friday night, I have been able to update, download, etc, rebuild a phone, download all apps.. And also use the YouTubes...

JamfSlayer

join:2012-11-04
Columbus, OH
See, once again - WOW_Dan gets involved and the issue is fixed.. I will be sure to post otherwise, but the YouTube/Play Store issue appears to be fixed for UltraTV subscribers - for now.. Used it all weekend, with no issues.

WOW_Dan needs a raise, because this is the longest duration we have had all of these services available since Nov 3....

Hopefully someone at WOW is nice and gives all of us an account credit - like maybe a free month or two for helping them in their troubleshooting

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
Redford, MI

Ha! I got a $20 credit for one of the two times Ultra was down. The second time the device was replaced and all the TV functions have been perfect, but no credit for that.

I'm just happy YouTube is smooth again.

jupiter47

join:2012-11-08
Evansville, IN
reply to JamfSlayer

Mine is down; straight off the modem, no router.
It was down intermittently yesterday as well.

ColumbusOH

@wideopenwest.com
It is back working for me. Has been since some point late Friday. Still working this morning.

I hate not knowing what the issue was almost as much as the problem itself. The only thing keeping me from thinking I was crazy was that others were having the same issue.

ColumbusOH

@wideopenwest.com
OK, back to not working.

I am beginning to think that playing of youtube videos is the cause rather than something with the play store. As I mentioned, all weekend I was able to download apps from the play store without issue. I never attempted to play a youtube video.

This morning, I'm down in my office and had occasion to click a link to view a youtube clip. It played without issue. I played a few more thinking that I was back in business. All in the same window.

Then, from another browser window in Chrome I launched another youtube clip, and back to the "a problem occurred" error.

Now the playstore is not working either.

So, used playstore without issue for 48 hours or more, played a few videos, played one in a new window and then all stopped working.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
Redford, MI
No issue here with this for example:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=W35wtfcByIY