Search similar:

uniqs
jgo1961
join:2012-11-12
Columbus, OH

jgo1961 to jupiter47

to jupiter47

Re: Youtube Streaming Down

For whatever it's worth, I taught in a school in Ohio last year and Youtube would get futzzed up by the school's security software, some of which was to prevent students, but not teachers, from using Youtube. The IT guys had a hard time keeping Youtube running for the people who were supposed to have it. I'm wondering it there is something in the way WOW is delivering the internet service that is doing something to inhibit Youtube. Just grasping for straws here.
Gerard1234
join:2012-04-03

Gerard1234 to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
Never had a problem here since I got WOW 2 months ago. Use it just about every day. I have Ultra.

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

usa2k to Just_Dan

MVM

to Just_Dan

Re:Youtube Streaming Down

Working perfectly today (now). My Win7 did get an update, and Java got an update too. Did that fix it? No clue.

Maybe everyone is good now?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· PFrkuPq0

Played without a hitch.
jupiter47
join:2012-11-08
Evansville, IN

jupiter47

I'm good as well; have been since yesterday.
asilentshout
join:2012-11-15
Columbus, OH

asilentshout to usa2k

to usa2k
Been working here since yesterday as well. I doubt it was a Windows update as all of the devices on my network are Apple.

royboy
@wideopenwest.com

royboy to jupiter47

Anon

to jupiter47

Re: Youtube Streaming Down

good here in evansville last 3 days- keep fingers crossed

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

Re: Youtube Streaming Down - Awesome now

I tried a test while streaming a perfectly working YouTube

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· UTX3g94A

I know that's not the way to get a good result, but the result is great!

EDIT: It is a still picture on this video

JamfSlayer
join:2012-11-04
Columbus, OH

JamfSlayer

Maybe the accidentally moved their highest paying subscribers to a lower policy for some reason with the new billing upgrade... After Friday night, I have been able to update, download, etc, rebuild a phone, download all apps.. And also use the YouTubes...
JamfSlayer

JamfSlayer

See, once again - WOW_Dan gets involved and the issue is fixed.. I will be sure to post otherwise, but the YouTube/Play Store issue appears to be fixed for UltraTV subscribers - for now.. Used it all weekend, with no issues.

WOW_Dan needs a raise, because this is the longest duration we have had all of these services available since Nov 3....

Hopefully someone at WOW is nice and gives all of us an account credit - like maybe a free month or two for helping them in their troubleshooting

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

Ha! I got a $20 credit for one of the two times Ultra was down. The second time the device was replaced and all the TV functions have been perfect, but no credit for that.

I'm just happy YouTube is smooth again.
jupiter47
join:2012-11-08
Evansville, IN

jupiter47 to JamfSlayer

to JamfSlayer

Mine is down; straight off the modem, no router.
It was down intermittently yesterday as well.

ColumbusOH
@wideopenwest.com

ColumbusOH

Anon

It is back working for me. Has been since some point late Friday. Still working this morning.

I hate not knowing what the issue was almost as much as the problem itself. The only thing keeping me from thinking I was crazy was that others were having the same issue.
ColumbusOH

ColumbusOH

Anon

OK, back to not working.

I am beginning to think that playing of youtube videos is the cause rather than something with the play store. As I mentioned, all weekend I was able to download apps from the play store without issue. I never attempted to play a youtube video.

This morning, I'm down in my office and had occasion to click a link to view a youtube clip. It played without issue. I played a few more thinking that I was back in business. All in the same window.

Then, from another browser window in Chrome I launched another youtube clip, and back to the "a problem occurred" error.

Now the playstore is not working either.

So, used playstore without issue for 48 hours or more, played a few videos, played one in a new window and then all stopped working.

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

No issue here with this for example:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· wtfcByIY