Premium Member

to silvercat

Re: ASUS RT-N66U

Shouldn't be much difference i think.
jackie999
join:2008-08-13
Aurora, ON

jackie999

Nice router though ...it's really holding it's value. The more I shop for a router the more I return to this one.
Thanks.

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat

said by jackie999:

Nice router though ...it's really holding it's value. The more I shop for a router the more I return to this one.
Thanks.

Wait for at least Black Friday. Cheapest you can get it now is for $156.50 (Direct Canada). Or maybe wait for a Staples e-coupon to come into your inbox (if you're subscribed to getting Staples special offers via e-mail).

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member
join:2003-05-24

damir52 to jackie999

Premium Member

to jackie999
If you need Dual Band router that can be flashed with DD-WRT or Tomato (in MY opinion) this is the best router you can get for the money.

For sure other people recommend other routers too, but, if you do research you can see how many threads\reviews etc. are online about this hardware.

Current price @ CC was $159 + Tax, its not cheap, but ... if you need it, + - $20-50 bucks for me is not big deal really.
jackie999
join:2008-08-13
Aurora, ON

jackie999 to silvercat

to silvercat
Both of your suggestions had occurred to me..black friday (I'm also shopping for a backup usenet subscription) and staples coupon (yes I do get them)
I had also read on smallnet builders, when the 66U was introducted that the ram was 1/2 utilized..I see now merlins firmware corrected that.
When I was shopping in tiger for the cisco router that I just got for work - the saleman told me it has the 'superior' internal antennas - I think now he was feeding me a load of bull. That'll teach me for impulse buying.
Most importantly..the 66U is a nice looking router