uniqs
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme to JB9

to JB9

Re: [Raiding] Mogu'Shan Vaults

Well i have a second tank now, and on tuesday we killed the damn cats. We also got feng below 20 percent twince and went to sleep. Feng seems easier than the kitties fight. How is the 3rd boss in 10 man?

Sorry i am slower in progression, we only raided for 2 weeks now in MoP. I will catch up with you guys faster now. Maybe even make it into the other thread before the nerf?

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

3rd boss is a pure DPS check. Bad tanks can hurt (in that they don't mitigate a lot of damage so Voodoo Dolls hurt), but in general, its about DPS killing enough adds and doing enough boss DPS.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to cigtyme

to cigtyme
1. they aren't cats, they are dogs... they look like lions but have a dog face.. (there's even an achievement if the whole raid have a dog pet out when you kill them)

2. 3rd Boss so far we haven't had problems downing him, in fact we have one shotted 3 weeks in a Row

3. Elegon the true DPS check came finally true, I upped my DPS about 15K (from 95K to 110K) with 2 piece bonus, did my part, we killed 4 sparks each phase, and that did it..

4. Now 3 hours wiping on Will of the Emperor isn't funny... when we reach the 4th gas cloud he has still 30%+ HP, with no rest in adds at that time they just eat the raid alive, no amount of CC is possible at that time, we could last maybe a minute with gazillion adds and 4 strenghts being kited, we didn't last..

5. Our "strat" is only tanks on bosses, the raid on adds, raid switches on gas phases to burn the boss and rinse and repeat. There are other guilds that leave melee on bosses all the time and ranged burn the adds but IDK

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

From what I've seen in LFR will of the emp should be

Tanks on Bosses, take them to the stairs

tanks need to dodge all of the attacks so they can get the extra button (its a 500k hit)

Dps (melee and ranged) need to kill the adds

when the gas comes up you should have the adds cleared so you can focus on the boss

ideally split the DPS, because with the tanks dodging the attacks their aggro might be weak and you don't want the emps coming for a dps.

the gas phase should be the burn phase but only if the adds are clear.

And you really want the tanks to get that special extra button.
if needed have them practice in LFR to get that button.

as I said its a 500k hit, worth it.

LFR does have greatly nerfed mech but its normally still there, even if its weakened to the point that healers can heal through it in LFR but not in reg.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

LFR Will is an exact strat representation of normal Will. All the mechanics are exactly the same.

Tank aggro is not a problem. No one but tanks touch the bosses for about a solid minute.

Adds should die quickly.

We did 2 pulls, and were at 15% when the adds+gas phase hit. That was with 3 healers, 2 melee (one of whom was DC'd for a solid minute during a gas phase), and several tank fails which probably cost 10+ strikes, which is 5 million damage lost. So, I'm pretty sure that fight is trivial after Elegon.

Because man.

Elegon.

Note: the "hard part" of the fight is that tanks get hit a lot harder. The upside is there is no tank damage whatsoever if they're dodging appropriately, so there's a lot of downtime for healer mana.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya I was just suggesting splitting the DPS to further minimize dps aggro.

but also have DOT classes multi dot them in the burn phase.

I really look forward to doing this in reg, where the whole group is working on the strat (unlike LFR where most of the DPS just stick to the boss and me and a few others are stuck dealing with adds even in the gas phase.)

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
On LFR Will of the Emperor I've managed to get at least 10 strikes as a tank if you get your tanks to do the dance that is at least 10 million damage towards that health pool.

So any help you can get from your tanks is well received since that is the only thing they have to worry about (other than gas).

Really want to try normal to see the difference.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

So do normal already...

LFR is garbage. Honestly no one cares about combat logs/parses of LFR. No one cares about progress on wow-heros.

Do normal mode and then do heroic. Sure RL > WoW but seriously, buckle down and take pride in your character if you want to progress. Get the gemming/enchanting taken of. Read up on fights. Tankspot has never been a good place for that so if that's your 'go to' stop going to that. (Caveat: Llore has always been an effing turd and Aliena is just as bad)

I'm sorry if my post is offensive to you but this is a Mogushan Vaults thread, not an LFR hero thread.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I don't see "Normal/Heroic Mogu-Shan Vaults" in the title so my experience in LFR still counts, your troll bait is getting weak man.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

.but it does say [Raiding]

LFR isn't raiding PERIOD

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
said by Nick D:

LFR Will is an exact strat representation of normal Will. All the mechanics are exactly the same.

Based on Nick's comment about Will of the Emperor, I see no reason to disparage those who aren't blessed with progression raid for trying to engage on the discussion. Now that HoF Normal is out, maybe focus there if the LFR talk is too painful for you in last month's content.

One man doesn't make a normal raid... nor 5 for that matter.

tl;dr: give a guy a break and go contribute to a normal HoF thread.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
It is just the category for the forum search.

Try again.
Jobbie

Jobbie to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

tl;dr: give a guy a break and go contribute to a normal HoF thread.

Oh man, I already contributed in that thread with my LFR experience, damn I am so sorry Metta.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

well, there went MY solution. carry on!

Braincramp2
join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR

Braincramp2 to mettachain

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

.but it does say [Raiding]

LFR isn't raiding PERIOD

LFR= Looking For Raid

No it is not progression raiding and it is nerfed, but is still considered a raid environment with a raid team of 25 people that want to kill bosses and get loot.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

said by Braincramp2:

LFR= Looking For Raid

...because even after you've entered the instance with 24 other people, you're still looking for raid since there are too many retards who can't move out of fire and wipe groups or the tanks have no idea what's going on, or there's a shit ton of grievers/trolls.

you're still looking for raid. LFR is not raiding and writing out what LFR is an acronym for doesn't help.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Braincramp2

to Braincramp2
Normal WoE has double the adds compared to LFR and they have way more HP, so 5 rages, 2 strenghts and 2 courages spawn all the time, they rest on the first 3 gas phases then they come non-stop, of course they also do way more damage.

xenograffiti
@unt.edu

xenograffiti to mettachain

Anon

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

there are too many retards who can't move out of fire and wipe groups or the tanks have no idea what's going on, or there's a shit ton of grievers/trolls.

So if those things occur in the normal Mogu'Shan Vaults it's not a raid either?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

LFR is not raiding and writing out what LFR is an acronym for doesn't help.

By the same logic, heroic raiders can disparage those struggling with normal raids because that isn't real raiding either.

for many players, LFR is the only raid they'll ever see. So yes, it is a raid. Just not one you care for.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Don't feed the troll, he is hungry
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

WE were hit hard by the attendance boss last night. I was so mad i almost left the game. I wish i had 10 RELIABLE Raiders. Now with this new Monk tank, we have 2 awesome tanks, 3 of the best healers on the server, 2 killa mages, 1 nasty huntard, 1 outstanding priest. After we have 3 people who were Vying for the 10th spot, but all did not show up.

Oh well FML we will kill him next week QQ.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

1 edit

McBrain to djlar

to djlar
We 24 manned Elegon last night, and that's with 1 DPS free falling to his death...so effectively a 23 man kill. /flex

I plan on being 6/6 and 3/6 after Sunday.

It felt really weird knowing that I was the one being carried last night...My new guild probably averages an item level of 480...Of the 5 bosses we killed last night someone logged a top 200 DPS parse on every one...Our Fury Warrior finished Elegon >150k with 2 463 weapons...Starshatterx2 dropped and he got both, I can only imagine how beast he is going to be now. I've got a ton of catching up to do...

Edit: Some doucher level 2 Mage had my name reserved on Bleeding Hollow...So, I'll now be known as Triclops. Some dude was trying to troll me in Mumble last night and one of the officers in my new guild told him to stfu before I snuck into his room while he was sleeping and showed him why they call me Triclops, lol.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to cigtyme

Premium Member

to cigtyme
Oh man that really sucks hopefully you will get it next week.

Keep the spirits up!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to cigtyme

Premium Member

to cigtyme
oh no.. only one dps short? that's rough. I know that pain, brother.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Yep we had 3 people that were 10 11 and 12. We were hoping a WoW biggest loser would arrise, but to no avail. We just went and killed Heroic Rag. It felt good cause i was pretty pissed by that part of the night. Raiders need to realize when you don't let someone know it affect 9 or 24 other people.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

We had our Hunter leave after Spirit Kings last night to go to a group session. Honestly the first time I've heard that one.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to cigtyme

Premium Member

to cigtyme
yeah... it is amazing how much a simple in-game mail or DSLR PM will alleviate frustration in a raid leader. Not eliminate, but alleviate.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

or even a remote guild chat message.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Seriously, 2 of them were on remote chat. Did answer whispers till after 1 and a half hopurs into the raid.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

depending on your phone, the app will keep you logged in even if you think you've turned the app off. Not saying that's what happened in their case... just saying that it is a situation I've run into with my guys.