uniqs
share rss forum feed

vpoko
Premium
join:2003-07-03
Boston, MA
reply to battleop

Re: BoooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo

Good luck with that, they actually like getting subscriber money. Providers will adapt; they'll either bury them, make them smaller, or put them on the poles. It's not like it's impossible to get internet without these behemoths being awkwardly placed around neighborhoods, it's just going to cost Comcast and other a bit more to make them more discreet.

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
said by vpoko:

Good luck with that, they actually like getting subscriber money. Providers will adapt; they'll either bury them, make them smaller, or put them on the poles. It's not like it's impossible to get internet without these behemoths being awkwardly placed around neighborhoods, it's just going to cost Comcast and other a bit more to make them more discreet.

I'm kinda thinking Comcast knew what was going to happen and just did it anyways. Are they going to get them to move them or put them underground? I highly doubt that. Comcast probably knew ahead of time it was going to be a lot cheaper to get fined as opposed to paying fees to submit paper work and fight over easements in meeting after meeting with the city.

Sometimes it's just a whole lot cheaper to get fined rather than going about it the correct way.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

vpoko
Premium
join:2003-07-03
Boston, MA
Fined is one thing, but impacted groups could sue for equitable relief, AKA a court order requiring changes to make the boxes compliant with regulations. While Comcast might risk a fine, they're not going to risk being held in contempt.