share rss forum feed

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1

When should I contact the post office?

I don't know if it was the storm that caused this but it's almost going on 3 weeks now nothing else has changed or updated and I don't know if I should contact the seller or what.

First-Class Mail

Depart USPS Sort Facility

November 01, 2012

BATON ROUGE, LA 70826

Expected Delivery By:
November 1, 2012

Delivery Confirmation™

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

October 29, 2012, 7:49 pm

BATON ROUGE, LA 70826

Dispatched to Sort Facility

October 29, 2012, 5:47 pm

BATON ROUGE, LA 70820

Acceptance

October 29, 2012, 11:57 am

BATON ROUGE, LA 70820

Electronic Shipping Info Received

October 28, 2012
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8

What do you want the Post Office to do?

Was it insured?
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

Tell me what happened? It's past the first class mail date, not insured as far as I know.. I emailed the seller letting him know, I will give it about another week then I might just ask for a refund

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8

Good move, fellow Nutmegger.

Norwalk, remember?
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

Heh I work in Norwalk

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state
kudos:2
reply to Subaru

If you call the USPS 1800 number, they will tell you a specific date to call back on to initiate a tracer. I believe First class and priority are officially considered lost after 2 weeks from the date of mailing.
--
No Victim=No Crime

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

said by billydunwood:

If you call the USPS 1800 number, they will tell you a specific date to call back on to initiate a tracer. I believe First class and priority are officially considered lost after 2 weeks from the date of mailing.

So if it's lost what do I tell the seller? They contacted me yesterday and said it left the state but it's been the same now since pretty much the time it was mailed.
--

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state

1 recommendation

said by Subaru:

said by billydunwood:

So if it's lost what do I tell the seller? They contacted me yesterday and said it left the state but it's been the same now since pretty much the time it was mailed.

If it's lost and USPS says it is, then you tell the seller it is lost. If it is through Ebay, you don't need insurance. On Ebay, the seller has to prove that the item arrived to your house. It is on them until the item arrives. Of course, most sellers are cooperative.
--
No Victim=No Crime

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
reply to Subaru

this has happened to me on a item, that I sold

lost $135 and the item.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Subaru

Check with your local post office. It may be sitting around somewhere. That happened to me once.

If the PO can't find it, tell the shipper you didn't get it. If they refuse to take care of it, wait 30 days after the initial order date and tell your credit card company you never got it.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to Subaru

Getting nasty... They gave me the number to the usps Consumer Affairs in CT so far 10 min on hold and no music nothing.. I thought the phone died until I saw the time going higher

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

quote:
If the PO can't find it, tell the shipper you didn't get it. If they refuse to take care of it, wait 30 days after the initial order date and tell your credit card company you never got it.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

yeah I just spoke to customer service again and they pretty much said the seller is responsible for the package, they only have delivery confirmation on it.

btw I used ebay and paypal

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to Subaru

My response to the seller was pretty much, were do we go from here, hinting that I was about to open a dispute if he tried to get any smart.

So he says this

"if you did not receive the package by the end of next week, i will consider it lost and fully refund your money, all right? you know, i did ship your package. it was not both of us fault. usps messed it."

Sucks I ordered this item on my mom's ebay account to help gain her some feedback score (shes at 19) but on my account I've been a member since 2002 and I have 150.. I wonder if I would of had a difference response from the seller.
--

join:2000-10-10
Decatur, GA
reply to Subaru

Call your local postmaster and ask them to put a trace on the missing item. Give them the tracking number. The tracking number and Intelligent Mail Barcode is read by USPS scanners at several points along the way that aren't reported online, which them can help pinpoint the last scan point before it went missing.

Ask the seller to do the same from their end.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
reply to Subaru

said by Subaru:

"if you did not receive the package by the end of next week, i will consider it lost and fully refund your money, all right? you know, i did ship your package. it was not both of us fault. usps messed it."

what more do you want?
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
reply to Subaru

Q.) When should you contact the post office?

A.) The moment you have a question during normal business hours.

Was it really that hard?
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

why add to the topic when I already contacted the post office?

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to Subaru

Well i'd be damned... My phone just went off.. I finally got a update.. It's in Kearny, NJ after being stuck for 3 weeks.

icex
Premium
join:2004-05-22
USA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Subaru

I had USPS lose a package of Cisco 7960 phones - $800 worth a few years ago. Buyer on ebay messaged me asking why he hadent received them yet then filed a case on me - ironicaly the next day USPS sends me a package with the tops of the box in a envelope and asks me to file a insurance claim. Man, was that a hassle. Took 3 weeks to straighten it out, with ebay up my ass on wanting their money since they reimbursed the buyer, saying I had no proof they was lost.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

Yikes they lost the phones but had the tops to the boxes??

I let this go a bit longer because of the hurricane we had but I figured they stopped it in Baton Rouge, LA because of the storm but the weeks after I was like Ok.. whats going on.

Funny, I wonder what would of happened if I did not call USPS and ask for a trace on the package?

icex
Premium
join:2004-05-22
USA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

Yeah, the US postal inspectors found the top of the box, and that was all that was left. I still think its fishy to this day.. they was at the guys local post office, but wasent delivered, then he sends me a message on ebay saying he hadent received them and I receive those box tops?

Thank god I bought insurance on them!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to Subaru

I had a check missing once. Postmaster was sure they had delivered it (small local office), turned out, after I persisted, that the envelope had slipped into a spot that was some sort of never never land, and they discovered it. Meantime, I needed the check!
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

It finally arrived yesterday