share rss forum feed

IamGimli

join:2004-02-28
Canada
kudos:2
reply to EUS

Re: Hard Drive Deals

said by EUS:

Sometimes spending more also gets you nowhere.
My two BFG GPUs with lifetime warranties attest to that fact.

As far as I know BFG were never a discount brand. They're not the most expensive but sit well into the middle of the pack price-wise.

They do make great products, I've had a couple of graphics card made by them and they were rock-solid as well.

I've had similar stability from ASUS (except for one MB that shipped with a corrupted BIOS, but that was easily fixed once I was able to figure it out), MSI, Corsair, Intel, Enermax and wouldn't hesitate one minute to pay the extra 10-20$ (if that) for those.

said by zod5000:

Crap. I think my computer is going to implode. It has both an OCZ SSD and a Sapphire Video card.. lol. The Video Card is 1.5 years old now, but the SSD is only 10 months old.

Keep in mind just because one brand is known not to be very reliable doesn't mean you'll necessarily have problems with them. That's particularly true if you don't over-tax those components capabilities.

I have no doubt that Sapphire graphics card I had with the under-spec cooler would've been fine in 90% of home computers which rarely ever really need much graphics horsepower. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. brought it to it's knees though, and most memory chips burned up within a week. Same on the RMA unit.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms
said by IamGimli:

said by EUS:

Sometimes spending more also gets you nowhere.
My two BFG GPUs with lifetime warranties attest to that fact.

As far as I know BFG were never a discount brand. They're not the most expensive but sit well into the middle of the pack price-wise.

They do make great products, I've had a couple of graphics card made by them and they were rock-solid as well.

I wasn't calling BFG a discount brand, I was simply stating that paying a premium sometimes does not work out either, as the company can exit the marketplace for whatever reason.
--
~ Project Hope ~

IamGimli

join:2004-02-28
Canada
kudos:2
Ah ok, I misunderstood what you meant

Even though they went belly-up, their products still work though lol