All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
nicfor
join:2012-11-01
Phoenix, AZ

nicfor

Re: [Networking] Gen4 DDNS Setup

Thanks everyone. Looks like I will have to wait for Gen4 to come out with a static IP..

spencer
@direcway.com

spencer

Anon

NextAlarm.com supposedly offers security systems and monitoring software and services that are compatible with Gen4. this includes camera monitoring. their web site has very little information. there are suggestions that their system will work with 3rd party cameras. again, no real information. does anyone know if this will be another dead end for trying to monitor security cameras on gen4? i am not interested in buying a ton of expensive stuff from NextAlarm nor paying high monthly fees. it looks like they have a monitoring only plan for $4 a month. pretty sure this will not work but would be interested in knowing if anyone else has info. will try calling them tomorrow but expect to get the same sort of endless runaround and bullshit that i have been getting from Hughesnet. amazing how much they have lied to me and how little info they give their support people. i have wasted many hours trying to determine if gen4 will ever work with secutity cameras.
jp1gt
join:2012-11-22
Indio, CA

jp1gt

this is my first post. one of the reasons I got hughes net is to monitor cameras remotely. Hughes says that they block NO ports like everyone else, but they do not have any open ports. they said to me that the business accts will have static IP's first, but they are more expensive. do you think that they will have a family acct with a static IP like they did for the old system?
jp1gt

jp1gt to spencer

to spencer
If anyone knows how to get through the hughes net modem, let me know. Does anyone have the nextalarm service with hughesnet?
jp1gt

jp1gt to spencer

to spencer
I have tried to post 3 times. Does anyone have nextalarm with hughsnet? I can see my cameras in my network, but can not see them remotely. I do not care how I do it, but I need to see them remotely on occasion.
jp1gt

jp1gt to spencer

to spencer
I have tried to post 3 times. Someone let me know what I am doing wring!!! Does anyone have nextalarm with hughsnet? I can see my cameras in my network, but can not see them remotely. I do not care how I do it, but I need to see them remotely on occasion.
nedriv
join:2006-08-07
Somerset, CA

nedriv

Looks like four times to me....

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman to jp1gt

MVM

to jp1gt
said by jp1gt:

this is my first post. one of the reasons I got hughes net is to monitor cameras remotely. Hughes says that they block NO ports like everyone else, but they do not have any open ports. they said to me that the business accts will have static IP's first, but they are more expensive. do you think that they will have a family acct with a static IP like they did for the old system?

Actually 5 posts came through. Do I "think" they will offer static IPs to non-business accounts? Yes. Do I "know" they will? No. Is there a way to get through the modem otherwise? Unlikely.
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel to jp1gt

to jp1gt
use GotoMyPC and remote connect to your machine that has access to your cameras on your local network. It will be slllllow, but that's about as good as it's going to get..
jp1gt
join:2012-11-22
Indio, CA

jp1gt to spencer

to spencer
I will try goto my pc. I will not need to monitor often, so speed is not an issue. Sorry about all the posts, it would not post, so kept trying. i will monitor this site to see if any new ideas come up. thanks--