spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

mike82346

join:2011-07-07
reply to suppafly

Re: [Voip.ms] is voip.ms clueless about porting cell numbers?

"Also, for all mobile numbers the carrier always requests the last 4 digits of the SNN and the PIN Number."

Not true! I have ported numbers off 3 different Prepaids and T-Mobile Postpaid and none required any SSN info for the port. However, all required a PIN. Perhaps YOUR carrier needs to familiarize themselves with WLNP procedures especially as it relates to Prepaid Carriers.

"Also I do not find fair your comment that we "kept your money"".

Agreed, but in my defense, I posted here before reading your last response.

Thank you for the refund. Mike

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·flowroute
·Comcast
·voip.ms
·Callcentric

said by mike82346:

"Also, for all mobile numbers the carrier always requests the last 4 digits of the SNN and the PIN Number."

Not true! I have ported numbers off 3 different Prepaids and T-Mobile Postpaid and none required any SSN info for the port. However, all required a PIN. Perhaps YOUR carrier needs to familiarize themselves with WLNP procedures especially as it relates to Prepaid Carriers.

"Also I do not find fair your comment that we "kept your money"".

Agreed, but in my defense, I posted here before reading your last response.

Thank you for the refund. Mike

Have you thought about that not every carrier is the same?
maybe they all have different restrictions... Just saying...
And by the way just pointing the obvious all you had to so was to sign the screen shoot as per suppafly...
And the last 4 digits has been commn on all my porting between carriers...

--
[nUll@dcypher ~]$

mike82346

join:2011-07-07

" Have you thought about that not every carrier is the same?
maybe they all have different restrictions... Just saying...
And by the way just pointing the obvious all you had to so was to sign the screen shoot as per suppafly...
And the last 4 digits has been commn on all my porting between carriers..."

Postpaid carriers use the SSN for credit purposes and usually the PIN defaults to the last 4 of the SSN. This was a prepaid and I had already checked with them to determine what they needed to release the number and confirmed the PIN. My gripe was that even after I explained the situation to voip.ms, they still insisted on crossing every "t" and doting every "i" JUST BECAUSE IT WAS ON THEIR FORM! Basically, they were wasting my time and theirs on absurdity.

The bottom line was that they lost a customer for no reason.

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:3

2 edits

Sorry that we are 2 staff posting in the same thread, I really don't mean to put you down at all, I just want to point a few details..

Our porting staff has ported thousands of numbers, the things they ask is to make sure that the "LOSING CARRIERS" do not reject your port for small details in order to make sure your number is ported in the best delay possible and also to prevent fraud as we feel as a telephony provider, we must do our part in the security process. Requirements are also part of our carriers process.

Sometimes, some carrier can make our life difficult, and the customer usual first negative impression is toward the gaining provider, even if the problems are coming from stupid rejections from the losing carrier, and it seem to be doing the job fine, as we can see with this thread.

Second, We're not hiding our requirements especially about the signature.. here's a quote from the first page when starting a port procedure, first sentence in bold red.

BEFORE YOU START THE PORTING PROCEDURE, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE ON THE COMPUTER YOU ARE USING AT THIS TIME:

A scan of your latest invoice/statement in PDF, MS Word or as an Image file, SIGNED on a blank part. Do not sign it over any lines or graphics.

You didn't sign..

Construtive critic is always welcomed, but you didn't even give us a chance to try porting your number, the subject is misleading. We've ported thousands of numbers succesfully, and delays usually involve losing carriers.

I understand the subtleties involved in porting a prepaid number, but you cancelled at first email received from our staff, so basically, you didn't give us a chance.

Regards,

--
Martin - VoIP.ms

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom
reply to mike82346

I don't mean to pile on, Mike ... but you are overreacting a tad and not entirely correct in your understanding of the process. I have ported probably 20 or so numbers over the last several years ... from PSTN to Cellular, Cellular to PSTN, Cellular to VoIP, VoIP to Cellular, and PSTN to VoIP ... but was never successful in porting any numbers to PSTN.

For most providers, not just Voip.ms, I was required to submit a non-electronic signed LOA (Letter of Authorization) for the port ... because the CLECs that actually lease/control the DIDs mandated this. In many cases, not just for Voip.ms, I also had to supply the last four digits of my SSN ... because PINs are not always used with some providers. I was always asked for a copy of the bill (or an online printout of the account information) to confirm the legitimacy of my right to port the DID.

Please don't holler at me ... but the porting system has been in effect for several years. The new (winning) VoIP provider must ask its CLEC (the company that has a presence in the Rate Center for your existing DID) to contact the losing VoIP provider's CLEC (or whatever entity currently controls your DID). The losing CLEC demands documentation, almost always calling for a non-electronic signature on the LOA, to avoid "slamming" (stealing of DIDs by nefarious individuals).

Generally, VoIP providers themselves only initiate your request for the port ... and at that point they are no longer involved. In fact, very often the losing VoIP provider is not aware of the port ... and may continue to list the DID in their in-house routing tables ... which results in failure of calls to the DID from people who are using the losing provider's service ... because calls are being routed internally.

In my experience with an occasional failed port, my monies were always returned.

gerick

join:2001-01-17
San Antonio, TX
kudos:1
reply to mike82346

said by mike82346:

The bottom line was that they lost a customer for no reason.

cell14

join:2012-01-04
Miami Beach, FL
Reviews:
·localphone.com
reply to XCOM

XCOM, simply not true. Did enough ports. Although the SSN questions sometimes comes up whenever you explain that it is a port from prepaid it goes ahead without it. But off course, there might sit some knuckleheads in the port department of that carrier.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·flowroute
·Comcast
·voip.ms
·Callcentric

said by cell14:

XCOM, simply not true. Did enough ports. Although the SSN questions sometimes comes up whenever you explain that it is a port from prepaid it goes ahead without it. But off course, there might sit some knuckleheads in the port department of that carrier.

And how the hell do you know who I am porting too?
All of my ports have required the last 4 of my SSN thats the bottom of it.
This freaking forum just keeps getting better.
--
[nUll@dcypher ~]$