Search similar:

uniqs
nyrrule27
join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ

nyrrule27 to ITICharlie1

to ITICharlie1

Re: Convert from gasoline to tri-fuel

running my renerator 15 hrs on gas with min load (fridge, tv and blue ray, fish tank and 100 heat lamp for snake) lasted me about 15 hrs. if i had to guess it was prob less then 2000 watts on a 5000 watt generator. what kind of "gas mileage" would propane get
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

1 recommendation

Bob4

said by nyrrule27:

running my renerator 15 hrs on gas... lasted me about 15 hrs.

Good to know that 15 hrs lasted 15 hrs. I'd hate if you went through a time warp and 15 hrs only lasted 14 hrs.
nyrrule27
join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ

nyrrule27

haha..sorry working for vz and 12 hr days for over a week has my brain fried. 5 gallons of gas lasted aprox 15 hrs
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

I figured it was something like that.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA
said by Jack_in_VA:

You didn't specify that you weren't referring to NJ. Anyway I've never heard of the cops "dipping" a tank for illegal fuel here.

Then as usual you're the exception rather than the rule.

They do dip and they do check, and they do fine people. Otherwise people would just use red dyed diesel in their vehicles.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

2 edits

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

in 69 years I've never seen or heard of it here in VA. Now if it were happening it would be common knowledge wouldn't it? Heck with the budget cuts we have little checking on our pump accuracy much less what someone is running in their tanks.
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

telco_mtl to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA
said by Jack_in_VA:

Gas at a marinas is not taxed here and if you buy taxed fuel for your boat just keep the receipts for a tax refund.

marina gas up here isnt taxed either but the marinas get you big time because you are captive so they charge more than retail gas stations

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA
said by Jack_in_VA:

in 69 years I've never seen or heard of it here in VA. Now if it were happening it would be common knowledge wouldn't it? Heck with the budget cuts we have little checking on our pump accuracy much less what someone is running in their tanks.

I could also say that police don't check for speeding because I've never gotten a speeding ticket.

Dipping happens more at truck scales and more with commercial trucks. Some places can also determine if you were using red dyed diesel from examining your exhaust.

Now you tell me, why would they go through all the trouble of dyeing the diesel if they didn't at least enforce it sometimes?

Virginia seems to check:

»www.dmv.state.va.us/webd ··· esel.asp

ITICharlie1
Ass Mode
Premium Member
join:2003-01-22
Saint Louis, MO

ITICharlie1

Premium Member

I worked out a deal with a plumber friend who will install the piping for $100.00 if I buy the stuff. I'm looking at about 20 to 25' of 1" pipe, two 90' elbows, one T fitting, and two valves. He has the tap and threading machine. We can T right above the meter in the basement, run about 8' to the corner, make the turn along the other wall about 12', then turn outside. This will place the gas outlet out of the way and close to my garage were I store and run the generator. So far most of the places that sell the conversion kits are back ordered. I guess from the storms and lack of gasoline, a lot of people are doing the same thing.

jack b
Gone Fishing
MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod

jack b

MVM

Get full bore 1" ball valves, not the tapered-core gas cocks. Too much pressure drop in those.

ITICharlie1
Ass Mode
Premium Member
join:2003-01-22
Saint Louis, MO

ITICharlie1

Premium Member

He has plumbed a few standby generators and he is making a parts list for me. He knows I pretty picky when it comes to home projects and repairs.

dosdoxies
Premium Member
join:2004-12-15
Wallingford, PA

dosdoxies

Premium Member

said by ITICharlie1:

He has plumbed a few standby generators and he is making a parts list for me. He knows I pretty picky when it comes to home projects and repairs.

The REAL Red Green would use an old garden hose and some duct tape.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to ArgMeMatey

MVM

to ArgMeMatey
said by ArgMeMatey:

Does anybody makes a rig that will run on diesel, NG, and propane?

Yes. However it's large enough to probably run a good portion of your neighborhood.

You probably aren't going to find residential or portable generators due to the differences between diesel and gasoline/NG/propane combustion engines.

UHF
All static, all day, Forever
MVM
join:2002-05-24

UHF to ITICharlie1

MVM

to ITICharlie1
I've been thinking of doing this with my Honda EU2000i. I want to still have all the covers on it when it's running though.