share rss forum feed

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:3

2 edits
reply to mike82346

Re: [Voip.ms] is voip.ms clueless about porting cell numbers?

Sorry that we are 2 staff posting in the same thread, I really don't mean to put you down at all, I just want to point a few details..

Our porting staff has ported thousands of numbers, the things they ask is to make sure that the "LOSING CARRIERS" do not reject your port for small details in order to make sure your number is ported in the best delay possible and also to prevent fraud as we feel as a telephony provider, we must do our part in the security process. Requirements are also part of our carriers process.

Sometimes, some carrier can make our life difficult, and the customer usual first negative impression is toward the gaining provider, even if the problems are coming from stupid rejections from the losing carrier, and it seem to be doing the job fine, as we can see with this thread.

Second, We're not hiding our requirements especially about the signature.. here's a quote from the first page when starting a port procedure, first sentence in bold red.

BEFORE YOU START THE PORTING PROCEDURE, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE ON THE COMPUTER YOU ARE USING AT THIS TIME:

A scan of your latest invoice/statement in PDF, MS Word or as an Image file, SIGNED on a blank part. Do not sign it over any lines or graphics.

You didn't sign..

Construtive critic is always welcomed, but you didn't even give us a chance to try porting your number, the subject is misleading. We've ported thousands of numbers succesfully, and delays usually involve losing carriers.

I understand the subtleties involved in porting a prepaid number, but you cancelled at first email received from our staff, so basically, you didn't give us a chance.

Regards,

--
Martin - VoIP.ms