share rss forum feed

Rogers_Chris
VIP
join:2010-12-15
Toronto, ON
reply to BTW

Re: Rogers secretely removes $50 Max Charge on Rocket Hub

Sorry for the delay BTW.

We sent some of our Rocket Hub Customers a letter or email and a bill message between June and July this year to remind them that overages will be charged at $10/GB.

I'm happy to speak privately with customers who received overages so we can review your account. I encourage those of you affected to contact me by private message explaining your overages, along with your first and last name, and a phone number we can reach you.

@Rogers_Chris

hm

@videotron.ca

said by Rogers_Chris:

We sent some of our Rocket Hub Customers a letter or email and a bill message between June and July this year to remind them that overages will be charged at $10/GB.

Why not all affected? Why only some? Why do some get a letter and some an Email?

What differentiates how you communicate with people? Do those with the biggest bill get the better notices? Did all the affected have this stated on their bills?

Seems to me the CCTS is looking into this already, however, will these people be allowed to keep their service as it was? Are you offering special offers to those you insulted and treated like crap? Can you tell us what the CCTS & Rogers has done for those who went the CCTS route? In other words, are people better off going to the CCTS rather than contacting a mouth piece of the company who treated them like crap so said company can cut their CCTS costs and year-end stats?

Rogers_Chris
VIP
join:2010-12-15
Toronto, ON

We communicated this change to customers segmented based on whether customers had exceeded their cap at least once in the 6 months prior to the message being sent. Customers who did not exceed the cap got a bill message.

As for the rest of your questions, we'll look into this with our customers on a case-by-case basis. I'll be happy to help those who get in touch with me privately.

PR Guy

@74.198.165.x

Chris, what is your email for a private message? I have also received a rocket hub bill that had me reaching for 911 and my heart attack medicine.

effram

join:2012-11-01
Orangeville, ON

I had to talk to 3 different people before I was able to get someone who understood that I had never received either a bill message or an email informing me of the overage policy change.

The first guy just plain hung up on me. The second person told me that I should be happy because clearly the $50 max overage caps I had been paying were billing errors and by rights I should have paid way more than that. The last person I talked to actually checked my file and because she was unable to verify that I had been informed of any billing changes, she was able to credit the overages for that month.

Hopefully this is resolved now. All I know is that I certainly will try to use the least amount of data possible for the duration of my 2 year contract.

hm

@videotron.ca

said by effram:

Hopefully this is resolved now. All I know is that I certainly will try to use the least amount of data possible for the duration of my 2 year contract.

Ah I understand why the mouthpiece is here now. To keep people locked in contracts?

effram, this is considered a "material change in service" for which you can cancel your contract w/o penalty.

Even if you go to the CCTS they should work this out so that your contract is cancelled, if you so wish, due to the nature of the contractual change to the terms, usage and most importantly billing & costs to you.

Might be in your best interest still to go to the CCTS to get rid of this contract.

JW

@74.198.164.x
reply to Rogers_Chris

Chris,
My bill went from $190 to $850 in one month!
During both phone calls to Rogers dealing with this, the Rogers employee could not find any reference. on any bill, that states the rate is about to dramatically change.
The bill has always said that overages are $10 per gig..........what you are not getting is that 'The Cap' everyone is talking about refers to the monetary amount......The amount you can be charged is Capped!!
I was told by Rogers before I signed (which is why I signed) that whether overages are $10 or $1000 per gig, your bill CANNOT go over a certain dollar amount amount!
In my case $190 per month.
So I'll use 50 gigs and the bill is $190.
Now, suddenly and covertly, 50 gig is like $500!
This is what many people, at Rogers, don't get!

Its a scam!

Well done Rogers, you can happily rip-off your highest paying customers!
I'm on the phone with Rogers now to cancel my service, cancelation fee or not.

hm

@videotron.ca

JW, follow the advice for the CCTS.
Best move you can make.

Expand your moderator at work

jumpingryan

join:2008-07-27
Pembroke, ON
reply to effram

Re: Rogers secretely removes $50 Max Charge on Rocket Hub

said by effram:

I had to talk to 3 different people before I was able to get someone who understood that I had never received either a bill message or an email informing me of the overage policy change.

The first guy just plain hung up on me. The second person told me that I should be happy because clearly the $50 max overage caps I had been paying were billing errors and by rights I should have paid way more than that. The last person I talked to actually checked my file and because she was unable to verify that I had been informed of any billing changes, she was able to credit the overages for that month.

That seems to be the way... Claim to the government you are providing great Internet to everyone, but make it so the customer can't afford to use it... Suck their bank accounts dry if the customer does.... And ensure you do as little as possible to bring in regulated options like dsl, cable, or fibre.

effram

join:2012-11-01
Orangeville, ON

For those wondering if the CCTS will even take on this kind of dispute, I received an email from them that said this:

We have received your complaint XXXXXXXXXXXXXX and hereby advise you that your complaint falls within the scope of our mandate and will be processed in accordance with our Procedural Code (the “Code”), which can be found at: »www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/documents/p···ral-code
Emphasis added by me. I'm interested in how this process will play out...

shrug

@videotron.ca

I would like to see a group of people do it together as well.

Very possible they will treat this as a group anyhow to keeps Rogers costs lower. After-all is it run by the same industry you are filing against.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by shrug :

Very possible they will treat this as a group anyhow to keeps Rogers costs lower. After-all is it run by the same industry you are filing against.

Rogers knows that only the minority of people, such as the users here, are going to do anything about it. The other 99% of the people that get screwed just ask take it up the rear end.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

shrug

@videotron.ca

said by J E F F:

said by shrug :

Rogers knows that only the minority of people, such as the users here, are going to do anything about it. The other 99% of the people that get screwed just ask take it up the rear end.

I wouldn't say 99%. if we review what has been stated here, Rogers is playing a game of "we don't have to, but we love you and will wipe the bill and put you on another contract".

So they are playing their loved customers as total idiots. And personally I think These vultures at rogers will win when the average person doesn't know better.

If these people were indeed in contracts, and not month-to-month, the better route to go is a class-action.