signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to signmeuptoo

Re: Build ideas?

Tell me more, Crash. Sure, we don't have enough information yet, but I'd like to know more about your doings.

I still need to find out what hardware he will install in it for studio work.

What if we upped his budget to 1200? I should think they could open things up a bit...
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

Crash Gordon
Drive It Like You Stole It

join:2004-06-08
Smyrna, GA

2 edits

That machine I built close to a year ago was about $850 in parts. The $500+ DSP card and 4U rackmount case were transplanted/reused. The rest was new (mobo,cpu,ram,gfx,psu, odd,hdd). His goal was to keep it under $1000 and with the "friend" discount for my time, effort researching and assembly/testing, we made made it just under budget.

I knew what my guy had for a setup, both software and hardware wise. He was also very clear about what he wanted/needed. That made it easier for me, although we went through several prospective "parts lists", all through Newegg.