atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium Member
join:2004-02-14
EC/SETX SWLA

atuarre

Premium Member

Better games in 2013 hopefully???

So, another dismal year of PC games. Looking toward the end of the year, the only two games I see myself purchasing is The Sims Seasons expansion (yes I do play the Sims 3, occasionally) and Farcry 3.

Assassins Creed 3, from what I have read, is very linear, so I will not be purchasing that for PC. As discussed earlier, Black Ops 2 is another PC port with awful graphics, so I won't be getting that.

In 2013, we have Aliens Colonial Marines to look forward to (but they have been working on that for YEARS, so I am concerned about the quality of the graphics).

The new SimCity, which I will probably get, the new Metro game, and Crysis 3.

Hopefully the new 8000 line of cards comes out toward the end of the year for ATI. Other than that, I am really not that impressed with what the PC game makers have kicked out.

Of course, some people just are perfectly content playing games like Hotline Miami, with the atrocious graphics, but that is just my thoughts on the matter.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

Dismal year of PC games? Have you played any of the following at all??

Borderlands 2
Mass Effect 3
Guild Wars 2
Torchlight 2
Dishonored

BigReds42
Premium Member
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42

Premium Member

Only 2 of those are PC only eh?

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium Member
join:2004-02-14
EC/SETX SWLA

atuarre to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

Borderlands 2
Mass Effect 3
Guild Wars 2
Torchlight 2
Dishonored

Borderlands 2 is okay. Mass Effect 3 was okay to me. Guild Wars 2 is awesome. Torchlight 2, not my kind of game. Dishonored, not my type of game.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to BigReds42

Premium Member

to BigReds42
said by BigReds42:

Only 2 of those are PC only eh?

lol...are we splitting hairs or discussing PC games?
Ghastlyone

2 edits

Ghastlyone to atuarre

Premium Member

to atuarre
said by atuarre:

said by Ghastlyone:

Borderlands 2
Mass Effect 3
Guild Wars 2
Torchlight 2
Dishonored

Borderlands 2 is okay. Mass Effect 3 was okay to me. Guild Wars 2 is awesome. Torchlight 2, not my kind of game. Dishonored, not my type of game.

I still wouldn't exactly say it was a "dismal" year for gaming.

Anyway. A few I'm definitely looking forward to and purchasing in 2013 is Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3. Grand Theft Auto 5 if it's even released.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Agreed. Someone is looking at a glass half empty.

Don't forget that WoW:MOP came out, LoL is still going insanely strong, SWTOR is going free to play before January, etc. etc. etc.

GW2 is a hit, ME3 was awesome, AC3 is getting rave reviews, Dishonored was a smash hit, TL2 was everything D3 should have been, Borderlands 2 was a hit, BF3 continues as a formidable force in PC gaming...

All in all, 2012 was pretty awesome for PC games.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

You can almost include Skyrim in 2012 also, since it released so late into 2011.

I played Arkham City this year also (which is phenomenal), I think that released October last year. Yeah, yeah I know was released in late 2011, but like a lot of people, they don't always play the latest and greatest games the second they release.

And yeah, I almost forgot about WoW xpac too.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

All in all, 2012 was pretty awesome for PC games.

Seconded, If anything I've been grumpy about not having enough time to play said games, not the games themselves.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

2 edits

bohratom to atuarre

to atuarre
Sad fact about PC games is we are a dying breed as the producers of games want the biggest bang for the buck. I think Gamespot showed that PC games are pirated about 75%+ of the time while consoles are less then 25% since people need to first hack their console. Im a PC guy and I just hope Im wrong but the facts atm say otherwise...

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to atuarre

to atuarre
I'm not saying anything but how these new games will be..
I would like to begin with Dishonored, I loved the game, did not have one thing bad about it that i seen so i'm happy to say i will be purchasing.
Torchlight 2 was another good looking game, could use some improvement but on the plus side It's alright. Guild wars- never touched it.
Mass effect 3? what the heck happen to it? says here- »www.metacritic.com/game/ ··· =2668878 (Negative is awefully high) and the last is borderlands 2, game is just too childish for me.
Shatter13
join:2006-07-24
Waterford, MI

Shatter13 to atuarre

to atuarre
I only play MMO's and right now have nothing new on my radar. After TOR and GW2 I have seen nothing I want to play

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

I know the feeling, many games I toke a look at lately I don't see anything that interests me nor jumps out and wants me to buy it.
I'm an old type hard gamer so.. But I can't judge mmo games since I only played a couple due to my connection and those two made me yawn. My brothers use to play final fantasy 11 (i think) online and that was when we had dial up, man those were the days but now thats all over.

I love those tiny and/or old games like trine or limbo or bastion.. Never was a fan of the bored games like I am alive or Lucius, Lucius was an alright game but it reminds me so much of the movie called: "sick girl" and what i mean is its all disgusting and disturbing. Nothing scarred me but it just was not fun or certainly not funny even for that matter and this tells me no good games will be about in the year of 2013, just too many boring games):

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
Do we know what tittles to expect for 2013?

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Screw 2013.

2014 is the year when the real gems will come out. All the new kickstarter games should be released somewhere there.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

ekster 2014
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to atuarre

to atuarre
I'm not sure when the actual release will be, but I started playing the Smite beta again and am really digging the new game modes. I really prefer smtie;s third person game play over click to move crap of LoL or DotA.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

ekster 2014

For President? Sure.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Arsinic

Premium Member

to Arsinic
said by Arsinic:

I'm not sure when the actual release will be, but I started playing the Smite beta again and am really digging the new game modes. I really prefer smtie;s third person game play over click to move crap of LoL or DotA.

Man I forgot I was in the beta, may need to revisit that game it was a lot of fun on the early stages.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to atuarre

Premium Member

to atuarre
GW2 has been keeping me busy since August, but I've also played Dishonored and The Walking Dead episodes 1-4 (storywise...fan fucking tastic, I highly recommend if you're a WD fan). Games I want to play but am leery of purchasing on PC: AC3 (Ubi DRM) and GTA V, because if I remember correctly GTA IV had a horrible release on the platform.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I think Ubi released all the DRM on their titles some time ago.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

I was not aware of that...

I always said I'd never buy an AC game on PC after reading all the horror stories. May have to look into it now, thanks.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by TheBionic:

said by Jobbie:

I was not aware of that...

I always said I'd never buy an AC game on PC after reading all the horror stories. May have to look into it now, thanks.

Found it:

»Ubisoft Scrapping Always-On DRM For PC Games

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Great, thanks for the follow up! I hadn't really considered AC3, now there's another Steam sale candidate .

Deo85
join:2012-10-19

Deo85 to atuarre

to atuarre
I think we got a lot of great games this year around Also do not forget to put in D3 granted the game does not have good re play value but the 1st time through was a blast to say the least!

I never quit understood the point of torchlight if I was going to play a dungeon crawler why not play a mmo with more contents on the back end?

Also I can't remember but didn't the last fable come out this year? I think I read some good reviews on that game as well.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to atuarre

Premium Member

to atuarre
Don't forget Diablo 3! Its awesome.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to Deo85

to Deo85
D3 was my worst buy, as i studied the game the more i disliked it and was more and more unhappy when i bought it and its not only the lag but the graphics at some parts of the game, storyline is trash, and background play was no fun. Torchlight is 10x better than this game. First time I played D3 was'nt so bad but the more i understood it the more frustrated i got untill the last day I played it, was full of rage.

No more will me or any of my relatives be buying from this so called company, there low on employee's and its tearing it apart.. Mainly i will not be touching this game ever game, I was throwing up into a bucket and with depression on the last time i played it. Blizzard can have my copy back cause all it will be doing for the rest of its life is collecting dust and desinagrating.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I don't know what you just said, but it was dumb.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

Its called 1 very unhappy and displeased customer ever since diablo 1 came out untill D3. the older diablo's are the rock.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to diablo18926

Premium Member

to diablo18926
said by diablo18926:

but the graphics at some parts of the game

lulz. you buy a new computer yet?

D3 was bad, but your hyperbole is worse.