Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Teasip

join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX
reply to ptrowski

Re: We've passed Peak Apple....

I'm still on the 3G 8GB phone, out of contract, and have been ready to upgrade (as well as the wife who has the same phone). I've never had an Android but the Samsung Galaxy III on the television commercials have caught my eye. Opinions?

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Dish Network
I have a GS3. The body is certainly not as elegant looking as the iPhone. But the larger screen is far nicer to have, if you don't mind the physical form factor. One handed operation is possible once you get used to it, but it's certainly not as easy as on the iPhone. The screen, even though it's a pentile, is very nice.

The GS3 is the best selling phone in the world. But I'd be lying if I said I knew why. It's good, but is it that far superior to the HTC One series phones? I don't think so, except for marketing reasons (funny, huh). I prefer the higher end HTC. Those are my favorite phones.

Also, the flexibility, openness and tinkerability of the Android ecosystem will always win me over. That's purely a personal preference.
--
Awesome. More handouts, food stamps, welfare and entitlements to come. I'm so proud.

sgarrand
Insert Witty Phrase Here
Premium
join:2000-04-13
West Brookfield, MA
reply to Teasip
said by Teasip:

I'm still on the 3G 8GB phone, out of contract, and have been ready to upgrade (as well as the wife who has the same phone). I've never had an Android but the Samsung Galaxy III on the television commercials have caught my eye. Opinions?

I went from multiple iPhones (1st, 3G, 3GS) to Android and I currently own a Samsung Galaxy S III. I admire iOS for what it does well but it no longer meets my needs. Everyone's needs are different.

Scott
--
My web site is WhyTheHell.com

Teasip

join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX
Thanks. For the mess that I went through today (posted in a separate thread) it looks like the Samsung may not be a bad option. I've got to perform a little research on it's ability to interact with OS X first.

sgarrand
Insert Witty Phrase Here
Premium
join:2000-04-13
West Brookfield, MA
If there's anything specific, I have a 2011 iMac and I could help. Drop me an IM if you need something.

Scott
--
My web site is WhyTheHell.com