Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nephipower

join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX
reply to dlewis23

Re: Speed Upgrades Coming

What use if a 75 mbit connection going to be if their data cap is 250 GBs. Hopefully they don't start enforcing that pretty soon.

Michail
Premium
join:2000-08-02
Boynton Beach, FL
kudos:1

said by nephipower:

What use if a 75 mbit connection going to be if their data cap is 250 GBs. Hopefully they don't start enforcing that pretty soon.

There were a few data services mentioned in the pres-release. Hopefully they will focus on added services to generate revenue instead of caps. Caps, after all, should apply to any services they offer.

dlewis23

join:2005-04-18
Boca Raton, FL
reply to nephipower

said by nephipower:

Just because you have a faster connection doesn't mean you will use more data you just get things done faster.

I finally got my self upgraded from 12 Mbps to 18 Mbps and I don't use anymore data per month I just get downloads done faster or if someone is streaming netflix it doesn't slow down what I'm doing as much anymore.

Michail
Premium
join:2000-08-02
Boynton Beach, FL
kudos:1

But is does drive the ability and desire for more data as services grow around the greater bandwidth. With more bandwidth we have the potential to need more data.