germ65 to Moffetts

to Moffetts

Re: Crappy AT&T install

said by Moffetts:

said by germ65:

with only one screw (instead of two).

You're really splitting hairs, here.

Yes, I like things done properly

And I forgot to mention: There were two screws holding the cover of the box. After AT&T's installer visit, only one of them was screwed in. The other was on the floor...

I am not making this up.

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker

Premium Member

said by germ65:

Properly is very subjective.

ATT has a corporate standard, which you do not like. Blaming the tech is in bad taste.
germ65
join:2009-10-27

germ65

said by DataRiker:

said by germ65:

Properly is very subjective.

In this case it isn't. When a box has two screw attachment holes it means it needs to the attached with TWO screws, not one.

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

2 edits

DataRiker

Premium Member

said by germ65:

In this case it isn't. When a box has two screw attachment holes it means it needs to the attached with TWO screws, not one.

What exactly are you referring to?

Can you post a picture?

Juneau
@sbcglobal.net

Juneau to germ65

Anon

to germ65
"In this case it isn't. When a box has two screw attachment holes it means it needs to the attached with TWO screws, not one."

By your reasoning those boxes with multiple screw attaching points for different kinds of mounting need a screw in every hole. That makes no sense.
germ65
join:2009-10-27

germ65 to DataRiker

to DataRiker
Here are the requested pics. First, the entire box (I know, it ain't pretty):

Then, the inside of the "NID".

The green pair is the new U-verse DSL connection (a technician showed up the day of the activation and swapped the orange pair for the green pair). The red pair is the wire to the second phone line in the house.

Notice the two screws holding the box to the back panel. The AT&T installed put in only one. Obviously, the box isn't going to be stable with only one screw.