hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to chitchatjf

Premium Member

to chitchatjf

Re: So where are all the new HD channels we were promised?

said by chitchatjf:

One thing thwe NHL could do and they gave serious thought to this last time around is make the ENTIRE season of Center Ice FREE!

Not happening.

Hob
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by hobgoblin:

said by chitchatjf:

One thing thwe NHL could do and they gave serious thought to this last time around is make the ENTIRE season of Center Ice FREE!

Not happening.

Hob

The NHL is lucky they even still exist. They should do whatever they can to keep whatever few fans they have left.

Jh28
@bankofamerica.com

Jh28

Anon

I'd like to see CBS Sports Network next for HD. They show some college football and going to be showing more college hoops and original programming too.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

said by Jh28 :

I'd like to see CBS Sports Network next for HD. They show some college football and going to be showing more college hoops and original programming too.

I agree. As I've said many times, sports are the most important for HD.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by Greg2600:

said by Jh28 :

I agree. As I've said many times, sports are the most important for HD.

The least important for me. I wish i could get a package that did not include 90% to 95% of the sports channels.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to ansky

Premium Member

to ansky
"The NHL is lucky they even still exist. They should do whatever they can to keep whatever few fans they have left."

I would bet my House and Camaro convertible that the Sabres will sell out the First Niagara Center the first game back.

Hob
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by hobgoblin:

I would bet my House and Camaro convertible that the Sabres will sell out the First Niagara Center the first game back.

Hob

Of course they will. What the hell else is there to do in Buffalo during the dead of winter?
jetman
join:2012-11-11
Buffalo, NY

jetman

said by bsangs:

said by hobgoblin:

Hob

Of course they will. What the hell else is there to do in Buffalo during the dead of winter?

I guess that explains the woeful attendance at Devils games. Just too much else to do in Newark...

FIOSman
@verizon.net

FIOSman

Anon

You'd think CBS isn't too happy that FIOS offers HD for NBC Sports and not for CBS Sports.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by FIOSman :

You'd think CBS isn't too happy that FIOS offers HD for NBC Sports and not for CBS Sports.

Thats all based on subscribers, 4x more have NBCsports then CBSsports.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs to jetman

to jetman
said by jetman:

said by bsangs:

said by hobgoblin:

Hob

I guess that explains the woeful attendance at Devils games. Just too much else to do in Newark...

Newark is about 15 minutes from this place called Manhattan. There's a few things there to keep a person occupied when it's cold.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to jetman

to jetman
said by jetman:

said by bsangs:

said by hobgoblin:

Hob

You could say the same about the Islanders. Their games are usually on "overflow" MSG channels and they don't even have a real radio affiliate. NYC metro can't support 3 hockey teams, which goes back to my original point about how few people care about hockey. Buffalo is practically in Canada, where hockey belongs, so it doesn't surprise me if it's popular there.
thetick
join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

thetick

That's funny three hockey teams and not one big time college football team? Rutgers and Connecticut are barely Division I. Syracuse is hundreds of miles away. Notre Dame, Michigan and Penn State have the largest fan base in NYC metro... truly sad.