Hold on here...the internet feels uncharacteristically smooth. Woot! The Charter gods are smiling on my line tonight.
I've received a few "it's not us, it's your equipment" excuses.
- One day it was the router. "Oh, it's not rented from us?"
- Then it was my wireless APs. "Oh, it's not built in to the unit rented from us?"
- Then it moved on to my PCs. "Isn't this a server?"
- ...and the switches. "Are you sure this isn't a router?"
- ...then the network settings. "Static IPs and DNS on your LAN?"
- ...after I recorded a whole 4 days of dropped packets with software: "We can't accept this as evidence - your testing software is too sensitive"
- Moving to the outrageous: "Try using another ethernet cable, like the one we supplied in the box"
- And the final injustice: "Maybe it's your power outlet?"
We should start another thread where people post their most outrageous experiences with level 1 tech support calls and onsite techs.