drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

3 recommendations

[Social] Just a word

I would like to say "thanks" to each one of you.

I've only been doing development work for a few years, but the vast majority of you have been doing it a lot longer. You're out there posting solutions on forums, writing blog posts, and being assets to the world of coding. Thanks for it - it simplifies my life.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

JAAulde
Web Developer
Premium,MVM
join:2001-05-09
Williamsport, MD
kudos:3

It's one of the things I love most about this profession--the open and accessible community of people sharing information and solutions with each other, without feeling threatened by "competition" or feeling the need to guard their "secrets" to protect their careers. Good stuff.
--
The Yakabox | My Development Sandbox | LinkedIn Profile

gorrillamcd
Hangin' Out

join:2010-04-01
mexico
reply to drew

Right. I wouldn't have even been able to get my foot in the door with development if it wasn't for all of the freely available information and open source.
--
I'm an IT technician with a lot to learn, taught by viewers like you!

Steve
I know your IP address
Consultant
join:2001-03-10
Yorba Linda, CA
kudos:5
reply to drew

Us old-timers had to do without forums and Google, having to resort to good old-fashioned man pages

gorrillamcd
Hangin' Out

join:2010-04-01
mexico
reply to drew

When I first started learning how to use linux, I hated the command line and man-pages (where's the mouse?!). Now however, whenever I have to use windows, I miss having such detailed help and the command line in general. Funny how that happens.
--
I'm an IT technician with a lot to learn, taught by viewers like you!