uniqs

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs

Re: [Raiding] Old Content Raids

said by stvnbrs:

MC doesn't require a raid to enter if you are attuned. As for BC raids, most of it was soloable in cata. IIRC, ICC was cleared by a DK in Cata as well. I think the extreme soloing will start to get into parts of Cata raiding this expac.

I'm aware of the Molten Core attunement... my hunter has solo'ed MC numerous times. I'm also aware that some BC raids could be solo'ed (was not aware of the DK solo'ing ICC)... but note that I said "MC was easily soloable by any L85 with decent gear". I would imagine that with gear/stat inflation, any BC raid could EASILY be solo'ed by most L90 toons. Exceptionally skilled/well geared L90 players could probably tackle WotLK raids or Cata dungeon instances, but success might be dependent on class/spec.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

The bosses that game me trouble were High King Mulgaur (sp?) in Gruu's lair, and the last boss of Tempest Keep, those were mainly due to the number of stuns that are dropped, I haven't tried lately though. Chess in Kara sucked, mainly because the RNG in it. The MC comment was mainly for others in this forum that may not have been aware that this one raid is already accessible to solo.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to Urynome

to Urynome
Might see what LK raids I can do, maybe some of Naxx. For TBC I'll be running KZ for the horseman mount and a few tmog pieces. I started leveling my warlock, so I'm hoping demo with a blueberry can handle some stuff.

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad to Urynome

to Urynome
Hmmm... I wonder if some of the previously "un-soloable" raid encounters (e.g. Razorgore in BWL, although there is supposedly some kind of glitchy way around it), will now become soloable with all the leet DPS we'll be pumping out in our shiny Panda gear? And, I'm definitely taking my DK into ICC once he hits 90... just something about a Death Knight soloing his way through Icecrown seems both fitting and epic.

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles

Premium Member

Soloing old raids is what I did a lot of for last 6 months or so of cata since there wasnt shit else to do.
DPS isnt a factor with Razorgore fight, someone has to control orb to kill eggs and someone has to kill adds....though you are right I have seen a druid youtube video of him glitching this fight.

Another difficult one that Im not sure could be soloed is 1st Boss in Black Temple, if he spears you its a wipe.

Soloable now at 90 (with at least 463 gear) would be:

Vanilla:
MC-any class
BWL -with druid maybe
AQ- was done in last xpac by DKs and Paladin (Twin Emps is the problem in this raid).

BC:

- Karazhan: Soloable (chess is RNG but possible) very easy place to farm.
- Magtheridon's Lair: Soloable
- Gruul's Lair: soloable
- Serpentshrine Cavern: 2 manned this in Cata, sure it would be mostly soloable though last boss is a pain
- The Battle for Mount Hyjal: I soloed all this but last boss in Cata, sure this could be done by 90 now. Archi fight is easy in that reaching Phase 2 is an automatic victory, the only thing the player has to accomplish is to bring Archimonde down to 10% within 9 minutes...easy for a 90.
- Tempest Keep: Soloable
- The Black Temple: soloable past first boss
- Sunwell Plateau: inside/outside fight on first boss, I've 3 manned this back in cata, Im sure most of it is soloable by now.

Wrath of the Lich King 10
- Vault of Archavon: 10 man Unknown (Archavon was soloable at 85, while the other three were not. The whole instance *should* be zergable at 90)
- The Obsidian Sanctum: 10 man 3D Soloable
- Eye of Eternity: 10 man Soloable
- Naxxramas: 10 man Soloable
- Ulduar: 10 unsure on Yog
- Trial of the Crusader: 10 man normal Soloable
- Onyxia's Lair: 10 man Soloable
- Icecrown Citadel: 10 man normal soloable
- Ruby Sanctum: 10 man normal-inside and outside fight-not sure

Cataclysm
I know DKs have done a boss or two in BWD, not sure if much more can be done.

Just my thoughts...

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

how does one solo the last boss in TK?

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

Well its been done by quite a few since last xpac, youtube can show various classess doing this, here is a warrior:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· FHt_d108

thing to remember is he doesnt MC you if you are alone.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

3 or fewer and MC doesn't happen.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

total hax. but I'll take it.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Immer:

total hax. but I'll take it.

Though in cata I'd recommend using the staff's buff.

last time I did it and killed him was me, a tank, and an off healer.
I grabbed the staff, healer got the mace, and the tank was a bear so no shield for him.

activate the use ability on the staff asap, if the healer is a priest get fear ward on the tank at the right time.

the mace gave a fire damage reduction to healed targets.

then pop hero just before the phase where he would MC and he's dead in no time.

adding a 4th makes it a wipe, as then 3 get MC'ed and kill the 1 and it then resets.

then a Pali or DK could solo it.

a mage needed a healer otherwise gets feared to death.

so I could see 2 manning it easy, a tank that can heal and a dps to burn.

or a dps/healer (spreist might be able to solo it now)

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

said by Immer:

3 or fewer and MC doesn't happen.

The biggest problem I had iirc was the constant stuns, same thing with 1st boss in Gruul's Lair.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

That's why you use the staff.
Diabolik
join:2010-12-07
New York, NY

Diabolik to Urynome

to Urynome
How about Naxx 25 being soloable? Four Horseman to be exact?

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

said by Diabolik:

How about Naxx 25 being soloable? Four Horseman to be exact?

Someone wants to T-Mog Armageddon.

Pollux7777
join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777 to Skittles

to Skittles
Hey Skittles. I noticed you said Black Temple was soloable (after the 1st boss).

I tried soloing it with my warrior, and I got stuck on the reliquary of souls (2nd phase). The problem I'm having is spirit shock. She spams it non stop, and completely locks you up. I couldnt even kill her with 2 people. I've never been able to do it with less than 3 people actually.

The funny thing was, my warrior has a self heal talent that automatically regens 3% health per second when I drop below 35% total health. My regen was more than her damage output though, so I was literally trapped in limbo. She couldnt kill me, but I couldnt do anything either. I had to log out, haha.
Diabolik
join:2010-12-07
New York, NY

Diabolik to Skittles

to Skittles
You sir are correct!