spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kxt
join:2009-06-26
Henderson, NV

kxt

[connectivity] Extremely low SNR

I'm currently on a 15/1 package yet my downstream SNR is at 6. I frequently get dropped connections. I have called to lower my speeds but the next available tier is 1.5 mb down which is too slow.

norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

norbert26

Premium Member

they should be able to provision you for something higher then 1.5 down. If they knock it back to around 7 down it should be stable and im taking a guess without seeing modem status page. Posting the modem stats would be helpful.
kxt
Henderson, NV

kxt

VPI: 0
VCI: 35
Broadband Mode Setting: ADSL2+
Broadband Negotiated Mode: ADSL2+
Connection Status: CONNECTED
Downstream Speed: 13757 Kbps
Upstream Speed: 1179 Kbps
Retrains: 22
Retrain Timer: 0 Days, 0H:3M:18S
ATM QoS class: UBR
Near End CRC Errors Interleave: 18198
Near End CRC Errors Fastpath : N/A
Far End CRC Errors Interleave : 778
Far End CRC Errors Fastpath : N/A
30 Minute Near End CRC Interleave : 9
30 Minute Near End CRC Fastpath : N/A
30 Minute Far End CRC Interleave : 0
30 Minute Far End CRC Fastpath : N/A
Near End RS FEC Interleave : 0
Near End RS FEC Fastpath : N/A
Far End RS FEC Interleave : 0
Far End RS FEC Fastpath : N/A
30 Minute Near End FEC Interleave : 3814
30 Minute Near End FEC Fastpath : N/A
30 Minute Far End FEC Interleave : 0
30 Minute Far End FEC Fastpath : N/A
30 Minute Discarded Packets Downstream : 0
30 Minute Discarded Packets Upstream : 0
SNR Downstream : 6 dB
SNR Upstream : 10 dB
Attenuation Downstream : 31 dB
Attenuation Upstream : 14 dB
Power Downstream 0 dBm
Power Upstream 12.6 dBm

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt to kxt

MVM

to kxt
I'm surprised there are no speed packages in between. As you are aware 6 dB is too low for stable connection. The higher the better but should have at least 9 - 10 dB.

A good first step is to temporally connect the modem to the NID test jack and compare stats. If they are better at the NID: higher margin, less attenuation, etc something within your home is degrading DSL.

Stuff inside your residence is under your control so if you are able to correct the situation hopefully stabilize the higher speed.

/tom

norbert26
Premium Member
Warwick, RI

1 recommendation

norbert26 to kxt

Premium Member

to kxt
the max recommended loop length for 15/1 is around 7000 feet. your coming in at around 7,750 feet a tad high on the loop length. They used to be able to provision for around 10 down . 10 down should improve the noise margin . If that doesn't stabilize it 7 down certainly will . The trick is getting tech support to tweak the provisioning down for you. Another thought is since your on interweave now dropping to around 7 down the line should be able to support fastpath instead. Also as of right now your not getting the full 15 down you are only getting 13757 down and thats before overhead i'm leaning towards 7 down with fastpath.

leebones
@northrock.bm

leebones

Anon

Hi all. I am a complete noob, however, I am having the same issues that started this thread, and was hoping someone could help decipher my DSL results from my ZOOM X7 Modem. It sounds like perhaps my carrier trying to send me 10MB and the line not being able to handle it was the cause of other peoples problems here. Should I get my carrier to throttle me down and keep trying to get a stable connection?

My DSL results:»i.imgur.com/H3iyP.png

Please help! The DSL report above is greek to me!
kxt
Henderson, NV

kxt

I'm actually able to tweak my SNR via telnet commands. Will this have the same affect as Verizon reducing speeds on their end? I don't want to get packet loss or anything. Also how would I go about getting fastpath?

norbert26
Premium Member
Warwick, RI

norbert26

Premium Member

said by kxt:

I'm actually able to tweak my SNR via telnet commands. Will this have the same affect as Verizon reducing speeds on their end? I don't want to get packet loss or anything. Also how would I go about getting fastpath?

For the fast path part you used to go into the verizon direct forum here and put in a request .