Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to Chinabound

Re: Boiler heating pipes and extended power outage.

You're absolutely right - properly installed and maintained, wood burning appliances can be very safe... But if yours wasn't inspected and approved regularly by a WETT certified tech, and if your insurance isn't notified; you will be up shit creek if anything ever happened.

That ain't 'nanny' stuff; that's just a fact.

Chinabound
Premium
join:2002-12-21
Antioch, IL
kudos:3
Thank you, but I've been around long enough to know how things work. I abide by all of my insurance regulations, right down to having our trampoline enclosed within our fence.

I gave the OP an idea to consider. Nothing more.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to LazMan
said by LazMan:

You're absolutely right - properly installed and maintained, wood burning appliances can be very safe... But if yours wasn't inspected and approved regularly by a WETT certified tech, and if your insurance isn't notified; you will be up shit creek if anything ever happened.

That ain't 'nanny' stuff; that's just a fact.

You have to be kidding? Inspected by a "Certified WETT Tech"? Canada must be regulated way more than we are here.

If that were the case all these fires caused by improper burning of candles would give the insurance companies an out. Not so. A wood burning appliance is much safer than say a fireplace.